Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

OTC Rear Jackshaft Socket 303-634

Discussion in 'Tips and Technical Info posted by Technician's' started by 2stroke, June 20, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 2stroke

2stroke Elite Explorer

Media:
      City, State:
      Annandale, MN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1993 Ford Explorer Sport
      For some reason, I never found a good post about this tool. Its so simple, yet its $90+ and nobody will rent it out. I built my own in less than an hour with a Bridgeport, and a tig welder. I used stainless steel only because that's the tube I had at the right diameter. I would guess any steel pipe would work. The outside diameter of the pipe should be 1.500", and I cut it off 2" long. That feels perfect on my engine. A thick walled pipe would be best. The jackshaft has 8 "grooves", however, you do not need all of them. The Ford tool had 4 "teeth", and the OTC had 6. I used a 1/4" end mill, and milling 6 or 8 teeth would be tough, unless you had an even smaller end mill. The teeth on mine are 0.250" wide, and while they fit well, you could probably go a little bigger, maybe 0.270". I went 0.150" deep, and that seems like enough. I then welded on a good 12" handle, and I saved myself $90.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.