Overriding accessory shut off? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Overriding accessory shut off?

C.M. Funk

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
My wife and I have a drive-in theater not far from us. Last week, we went to see a movie there for the first time in our new Explorer.

The sound setup at this theater is such that you play the audio for the movie through your car speakers after tuning your FM Radio to a specific frequency. The problem is that every 10 minutes the radio would shut off, and could only be turned on again by hitting the start button twice. This turns the lights back on temporarily, and again only lasts for another ten minutes.

Is there any way to get the radio to stay on for longer than 10 minutes in such a situation without having to completely restart the vehicle?

Thanks in advance, all!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Instead of hitting the start button, hit the audio on/off button. This should give you 30 minutes, which is better than 10.

Instead of hitting the start button, hit the audio on/off button. This should give you 30 minutes, which is better than 10.

Awesome! I assume that the lights and everything don't turn back on when you do this, which is nice.

Glad that someone had an answer for this. The theater is doing a double feature of Deadpool 2 and Super Troopers 2 this week and my wife and I are set on attending. :laugh:

I think I got close to 40 - 45 minutes one time.

My wife and I have a drive-in theater not far from us. Last week, we went to see a movie there for the first time in our new Explorer.

The sound setup at this theater is such that you play the audio for the movie through your car speakers after tuning your FM Radio to a specific frequency. The problem is that every 10 minutes the radio would shut off, and could only be turned on again by hitting the start button twice. This turns the lights back on temporarily, and again only lasts for another ten minutes.

Is there any way to get the radio to stay on for longer than 10 minutes in such a situation without having to completely restart the vehicle?

Thanks in advance, all!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I think you've received the answer. It is also discussed here; Extending Radio Play in Acc Posistion
Enjoy the movies.:popcorn:

Peter

Back