P1237 codes found a solution!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P1237 codes found a solution!!!

Reaction score
City, State
Windham, New Hampshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Mountaineer Luxury
My 06 Mercury mountaineer died on me a few weeks back. First I got a fuel pressure sensor code. Changed that. Then came up with a p1237 code along with p1000. And temp sensor code. Did alot of research and found out that the fuel pump driver module runs on a ground pulse not a positive signal. Found that I had a bad connection

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also changed the fuel pump thinking that was the problem. As I wasn't getting any fuel

After fixing the connection all codes went away

Good job - which connection was bad - was it back at the pump?

No. I had an after market hitch and brake controller added. They spliced in at the connector right below the right rear tail light. The connection corroded and broke.

Before you throw parts check for power and ground. The fuel pump driver module runs on a group pulse not positive. If you have a bad group it will not give signal back to the pcm.

My bad connection was at the connector under the bumper straight below the right rear tail light. There are 2 plug ins there.

The larger one goes to the right tail light assembly and fuel pump module. The smaller one goes to the back up sensors and left tail lights

I would like to thank scanner danner's videos for my fix. I'll try to link the one that helped me with this problem

OK - so an aftermarket install was the cause. Still good to know.

You have a very unusual posting style :laugh:

Sorry I am new to this. What i have researched is that the fuel pump driver module runs on a group pulse. Which means that it gets power all the time when the key is on. If there is a bad ground. The pump will not run. You need to check both power and ground before the pump before you rule out the pump as being the problem. That was my situation. I had a bad ground coming from the fuel pump driver module. That was broken. So I wasn't getting any power to the pump.

Scanner danner's videos is what put me in the direction to find my problem. Sorry if it is out of the ordinary for this feed

I spent$200 on a new pump before researching. My dumb luck.

No problem - good info to share. What I meant by your unusual posting style is how you make multiple posts within a few minutes of each other rather than putting everything in one post. It's useful for building your post count but not much else.

Sorry. Didn't think of everything at once. Been a long week

Not looking to get a post count. Just sharing what I have found out so someone else can benifbe from it.

$300 to fix a 5 minute problem. Can go along way

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Everyone should check out scanner danner's videos on non return less fuel system on ford. It gives alot of information on our problems

Back