Paint suggestions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Paint suggestions

Hi guys

I've had my truck all colour coded. Now my wheels need a seeing to. They're really badly corroded.

Can anyone give suggestions for paint?

Thanks

Si

20180314_153208.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Powdercoat for durability...

They're probably going to be powdercoated,

I'm just not sure if I go all black, or black with silver accents, gloss or Matt... etc

Si

Instead of black like everyone else has, since you're going to the effort, Argento.

It's like murdered silver-looks black at night. Have to use a low gloss clear (40%) to get the metallic effect

004-4.jpg

003-6.jpg

Looks real good on an all black vehicle

001-4.jpg

I'm staying with the wheels that are on though. Was also considering getting the centre caps painted too.

Si

I think if the holes were black, and the rest the above color it would look great.

Black coat first let cool, shoot the dark silver powder, wipe hole clean with damp finger until black remains, then bake again, let cool and shoot the clear.

My point is, you really need to like those wheels, because new customs will be around the same price. One color powdercoat will be around $55.00 each , 3 coats to do a custom look would be at least 100.00 each.

I’m with Jon. For the price of wheels, I’d consider just swapping them out.

swap em si. your probably one of a very few over there with one, make it stand out even more.

If you have the space to do it, there are wheel paint “kits”. The paint in them seems to hold up very well on wheels, and lays down pretty nicely.

Getting wheels over here to fit an explorer would cost me loads more than a powdercoated set.

Si

Jeeps are uncommon there?

Back