part location on valve body w/ pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

part location on valve body w/ pics

cogs

Reaction score
City, State
texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 sport 2wd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I moved your thread to our transmission forum.

You should have two of those.

A4LD VB.jpg

A4LD VB 2.JPG

BrooklynBay: those have a cylinder extension that fits into the top of the spring - thank you for your response, what would we do without you :)
JK080: you're a lifesaver! looked in my pile of scraps on the floor, and there the other one was! thanks for your location and info!

hi, a metal part hangs down from of the valve body that's connected to the transmission on the right/rear end. when i tried to install my valve body with new gaskets, it pushed up into the hole. i can fish it out, but what's it for, and/or what do i do with it? (my copy and paste doesn't work, so i'll get the pics later, just throwing this out there since i know you'll know what i mean, lol). thanks, cogs

I am assuming you are describing the low reverse servo, this operates the low band that is used for reverse and low . Just make sure you inspect its seals and reinstall it with its gasket.

oh yeah, that's on the right front. i'm talking about the right rear (along the rear edge of the valve body), there's sort of a metal tab that hangs down. i'll have to take a pic of it when i take off the valve body again (i have it loosely on now).

I think I know what it is, I bet its the end of the dipstick!

I think I know what it is, I bet its the end of the dipstick!
guess what was sticking up about 2 inches out of the top of the engine? rofl! yep, the dipstick (not this one, but the ex's). thanks for the deduction even from no pics!

after valve body gasket install, no gears. the engine revs as i change the gear lever, but won't engage. it's automatic, and only reverse wasn't working before new gaskets and orings.
just a couple of things out of the ordinary: two valve bolts were the same size, when only one was supposed to be that size (i just put it where i thought it would fit according to its size).
also, the valve that connects to the gear selector, i'm sure i got it in the right place, but i noticed the valve itself doesn't slide super easy, but it does slide. what should i be looking for with no gears at all?

ok i'll look for that, also, the valve body had copper metal pieces in one of the circuits, so i got needlenose and pulled out what i could see. for the correct direction, do you mean one side of the hole or the other, cause i didn't think it mattered. so i assume you mean across the length, front to back.

thanks, i can see how that'd be a problem. i never took mine out, just checked the slide smoothness.

Back