PAshooter's 2000 XLT | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PAshooter's 2000 XLT

Any plans on converting to a manual transfer case?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I probably would if my case went out but mines still works good

Time for a big update now.

First off, I got my body lift on and everything works and looks good.
678A0052.jpg

678A0053.jpg

Then as you can see my bumper was rusting and just didnt look good so I made a front bumper.
678A0056.jpg

678A0059.jpg

678A0064.jpg

678A0065.jpg

678A0066.jpg

678A0071.jpg

Last weekend I ended up having to pull this trailer.
678A0070.jpg

With a 800 pound raft for a river party.(Caps on because we camped in it)

And finally I bedlined my cap.
678A0072.jpg

678A0073.jpg

678A0075.jpg

Thanks I was actually kind of close to you while pulling that trailer. It was a rafting thing in Lewistown

Ahh that's cool you mean this Saturday? I was actually traveling to Indiana Saturday so I didn't go to it this year.

Yeah riverfest, we camped out the night before so I was pulling that trailer friday night haha. It was a good one this year.

Yeah riverfest, we camped out the night before so I was pulling that trailer friday night haha. It was a good one this year.

That's awesome, how did it do pulling the trailer?

Wasn't terrible on level surfaces, but not good on the hills. We took it through reedsville and through lewistown instead of trying to go highway speeds.

I need a 5.0 swap haha

Wasn't terrible on level surfaces, but not good on the hills. We took it through reedsville and through lewistown instead of trying to go highway speeds.

I need a 5.0 swap haha

Lol, put it on your list of things to do :p:

If I had a Pre 98 truck I would seriously consider it.

A wee bit of a update, I bought a Badlands 9000lb winch from harbor freight because i had a $120 off coupon. So Im modifying the bumper for the winch and am going to move the lights up to a roof rack on the cap. I plan on buying one more hella so itll look even and use 2 cheapo fogs as extra back up lights.

Does anyone think that the stock alternator will be too little for that? itd be 4 50w lights at max. Keep in mind I have no audio system and no AC. And id never have the winch plus lights on

Well A little bit of an update. I bought a Badlands 9000lb winch because I had a $120 off coupon so it was 330 with a 2 year warranty. So this week im going to be modifying the bumper to fit the winch and building a roof rack for the lights.

On that note would 4 55 watt lights be too much for the stock 95A alt? Id never have the winch and lights on.

Now I actually have some pulling power.
678A0082.jpg

678A0081.jpg

678A0085.jpg

678A0086.jpg

678A0087.jpg

Next step is a roof rack.

Thanks alot, we'll have to wheel together sometime

My roof rrack is completed, I lost my gf and quit my second job so I have way to much time on my hands.
678A0092.jpg

678A0093.jpg

678A0094.jpg

If only I had the bank account to fix my urge for more height haha.

Last night my stepdad borrowed my truck to help move a relative. It was a rainy night and my pap got his f250 stuck and they attempted to use my winch to pull it out. They pulled the line out and were ready to start and the winch's motor wouldn't run. They ended up just using the truck and pulled it out but I went out early this morning to see if I could troubleshoot it. I couldnt make any head way and just decided to use my warranty.

This is where harbor freight comes in, I took the winch up and they didnt ask what happened. Simply whether or not I had the extended warranty(I did) and replaced it within minutes. They didn't have another 9k lb winch so they gave me a 12k instead.

Glad to hear they replaced it. A broken winch doesn't do much good. I love your winch bumper BTW.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's awesome, just seen your fb post about the winch.

Back