• Register Today It's free!

Passenger window not working

Davidsinvic

Reaction score
City, State
Victoria,BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
Hi Folks; 2003 XLT with passenger window not responding at all on either driver or passenger control. It previously would work intermittently...if the door was partially open on passenger side. Also note window controls on passenger side do not light up when lights are on. Checked driver door wires under rubber and they appear fine. Suggestions? Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ground problem on passenger side? Sounds like a broken ground wire. It be looking inside that boot on that side.

common problem. just fixed mine. broken power wire. check this thread. with the proper fault finding techniques described in the alldata document you should be able to locate the fault. mine was not visible. but i pulled on the power wire WH/YE stripe and it came out snapped in half. Fixed in about an hour. no issues since.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348395

Thanks for the info folks. Will be a few days before I try again. Will post results. Appreciate the knowledge base and offered help. Cheers.

With Thanks

Had some spare time today and following the advice referenced I discovered a fully broken white/yellow stripe power wire. Repaired and fully functional! The writeups by "Rondo" have now helped me do two repairs (door and air door motor in dash) I would not have been able to manage otherwise. My thanks to him and the rest who make this such a great resource. Cheers!

Nice job on the fix. :thumbsup: Glad I could help out. :D

I agree. This forum is awesome!

Back