Paul's Halloween shake down run: Naches Trail 11/2/13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Paul's Halloween shake down run: Naches Trail 11/2/13

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ
The Naches Trail will close for the year in mid November so it's time to make the last run over it.

Paul's rig has been at 360 Metal Fab in Seabeck for a couple months and it's almost done and time for a shakedown run. He has selected the Naches Trail for this little adventure.

If you're interested in seeing Josh's work first hand, this would be a great opportunity.

I believe this will be a day run for most, if not all. and we can return over Pyramid Pass avoiding pavement.

Trailered rigs can unload at the end of the 70rd off SR410, South of Greenwater.

Meet up time is open for discussion but probably somewhere around 10:00 at the staging area would be best.

Costumes are optional, Chuck Norris has already been taken.

There will be at least 1 BBQ grill, so if you want to cook a burger or brat, bring it.

Attendee's:
Chuck Norris
Phil
Kevin
Joe
Ricky?
Dwight?
Aaron?
Ben?
Forest?
Chris?
Brian & Dea?

For anyone that's never run the Naches Trail, the lower West end is the tougher part, rated at about 3.5 on a 5 scale, unless it's been really wet, then a 4.

There are a couple other places to get on the trail after that section and the rating from there on would be 2-2.5. Stock SUV's can make it with some frame rubbing and bumps & thumps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Chuck Approves Post.jpg

Paul
'91 Sport

Count me in.

Update.

I hope Josh gets your rig finished.

Attendee's:
Paul in his Chuck Norris costume.
Phil
Kevin
Joe - will try
John Keech - Maybe, depending on work
Ricky - Maybe. Watching Jon Davis's dog Cameron
Dwight - Coming
Aaron - Maybe
Ben - Thinking about it
Forest -Hasn't fixed transmission problems yet
Chris - probably too boring
Brian & Dea - Needs to finish some maintenance on the J**P but maybe.

I hope Josh gets your rig finished.

Clutch work is done - - he's finishing up a few minor tasks unrelated to the transmission. I'll pick it up Wednesday or Thursday. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Keep referring to me as Chuck and I'll round-house kick your goatee to the back of your neck. . .

Clutch work is done - - he's finishing up a few minor tasks unrelated to the transmission. I'll pick it up Wednesday or Thursday. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Keep referring to me as Chuck and I'll round-house kick your goatee to the back of your neck. . .

Good to hear you will be able to get your truck, The work done looks great.

Thanks Joe, excited to get it back and hit the Naches. Though I think Kevin's coming just to watch me flop it over now that the cage is in. . .

Looks like after this long dry spell it ought to be plenty wet with rain, especially Saturday. Hope you can make it out.

Paul
'91 Sport

What's a good time to meet at the Safeway in Enumclaw?

I was planning to be there at 9 ready to roll out.

Paul remember if you roll you get decent chance of taking home a trophy

Unless someone speaks up, I'm not going to bring a BBQ but someone else can.

I can bring mine

Breezy. Rain and snow in the morning...then showers in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 2 to 6 inches. Snow level near 7000 feet decreasing to 3500 feet in the afternoon. Afternoon pass temperatures in the mid to upper 30s. South wind in the passes 10 to 15 mph becoming west 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon.

Glad I have doors :D

Chainsaw is in the rig

Wow what a day!

Stormy weather in the low lands, major power outages, heavy rain at the staging area, snowing sideways, trees almost falling on rigs.

Wow!

I have was going to bring mine but I am out of bar oil

The only reason that tree fell in front of you is because of this! What did you learn?

Had a great day, even though I had no doors. Learned two things. 1. Get off my ass and get the door project done. 2. 2nd gen e-brake mechanisms and dutchman threaded in wheel studs don't mix. Had a great time, really happy Paul stuck it out, and glad to have no serious trip damage.

Oh yeah, I think I am finally overcoming my fear of off camber.

What did you learn?

Get off your ass and start/finish the door project. . .

Thanks Phil for spearheading the run (and the NAPA supply truck), Ben for the quick wrench work, and to Kevin for distracting me enough long to reconsider packing up my crap and going home. . .

Glad I stuck around, needed it.

Paul
'91 Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back