1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Performance Valve Body For Gen2 V8 6R80 Transmission!

Discussion in '2007 - 2010 Explorer Sport Trac' started by psycareyo, September 8, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. psycareyo

psycareyo Active Member

City, State:
      Plattsburgh, NY
      Year and Model:
      2010 STA Supercharged
      Hi Carey

Yes we have the valvebody upgrade for 6R80.Its very similar to the ZF transmission we been doing for years. The cost is 598.00 and takes 1 day. You must use factory fluid. The transmission filter is the transmission pan.

Thanks

Pat

Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 11:07 AM
      To: info@levelten.com
      Subject: Ford 6R80 Transmission Upgrades

I'm wondering if you make or can make valve bodies or any performance transmission parts for a Ford 6R80 trans. It's found in the Mountaineer, Explorer, Sport Trac, F150 and F150 SVT Raptor.

I find the factory trans shifting is terrible. With my recent installation of a Saleen Series VI.5 Supercharger on my 4.6L V8 AWD 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin (Sept 19th) I'm really worried about a band aid fix with a tune.

There is a lot of interest in a trans kit or VB that spans across many different forums. Especially for the F150.

Thank you,

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. tmsoko

tmsoko Active Member

City, State:
      Plymouth, MI
      Year and Model:
      2010 Adrenalin
      Interesting but WOW - $600 for a VB mod? Kits are around $200 for most other applications and take only a few hours start to finish. Yikes!

4. psycareyo

psycareyo Active Member

City, State:
      Plattsburgh, NY
      Year and Model:
      2010 STA Supercharged
      For my lighting, it was a Punisher Valve Body, Street series. It was $250 shipped and it was much smaller than the 6R80 valve body. Same deal with the 4 and 5 speed auto mustangs. It's just smaller and there are a TON of them ou there.

This is pretty much all supply and demand.

5. jupiterak

jupiterak Active Member

Year and Model:
      2006 Explorer EB V8 4x4
      Factory Tech also made some badass valve bodies for the Lightnings and SD's several years back.

6. psycareyo

psycareyo Active Member

City, State:
      Plattsburgh, NY
      Year and Model:
      2010 STA Supercharged
      People are unloading their FTVB in favor of the PVB. You see this across multiple L forums. You can get a pre-owned FTVB for under $100 right now.