Phone won't ring for texts while I'm in the car | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Phone won't ring for texts while I'm in the car

deerfarm

Reaction score
City, State
Hickory, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Limited
I have a 2017 Limited and an iPhone. I have the phone set to make a horn sound when I receive a text. Of coarse, I have it blue-toothed to the car for receiving hands free phone calls, but I don't connect it to the car by wire. Now for the anomaly.

When I am driving in the car and receive a text, the phone vibrates, but the horn does not sound. Has anyone else experienced this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2017 Limited and an iPhone. I have the phone set to make a horn sound when I receive a text. Of coarse, I have it blue-toothed to the car for receiving hands free phone calls, but I don't connect it to the car by wire. Now for the anomaly.

When I am driving in the car and receive a text, the phone vibrates, but the horn does not sound. Has anyone else experienced this?
Do you have show notifications turned on? On iPhone, settings, Bluetooth, SYNC,info, show notifications. You should get a notification on SYNC3 of an incoming text and a tone. It will not be the “horn”, it’s a SYNC3 tone. If I remember correctly. I get it so much that I don’t remember.

Do you have show notifications turned on? On iPhone, settings, Bluetooth, SYNC,info, show notifications. You should get a notification on SYNC3 of an incoming text and a tone. It will not be the “horn”, it’s a SYNC3 tone. If I remember correctly. I get it so much that I don’t remember.
It was not on. I'll try it.
Thanks

on my phone, message access is on but don't get texts. If I go on sync phone settings and then messages, it will then download them. But this is pain to do every time get in vehicle. And after that, when get text, it notifies me on my main screen with option to get it, but only for few seconds. If you don't get the message then, it disappears and you have to go to sync phone settings to get it. on my 2013 fusion with MFT, the right driver configurable LCD screen will go to yellow phone screen and notifies of message and all I have to do it hit right OK button on steering wheel to have it read to me. and option stays there, doesn't disappear. After you get the message, the LCD goes back to previous setting you had it on before. Much better for getting texts than what I experience on 2017 explorer. Not sure if the way I experience it is the norm, or something not right on mine.

separate issue is the right driver configurable LCD screen doesn't have blue climate screen on 2017 explorer but does on 2013 fusion. Why did they get rid of climate screen?

Huh! I thought climate was most useful of the 4. I would keep it on that and just hit up, down to change temp. But I can live with this change. But the text message issue is very big issue.

Back