PIAA... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PIAA...

Hey Matt I know you will reply to this since it has to do with PIAA.

Does PIAA make lights that are big? LOL

Okay now reply to this twice cause you will have a long answer and you will get above 1000 posts... :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes they do :). 8 inchers, PIAA 80 Racing lights, I have em on mine :).

See now you have 1000 posts in very little time. :p

Those are nice and big lights by the way.

doesn't matter if there half as bright adn ten times harder to hook up :).

LOL thanks for the support Ryan! Naw, sinjin and I are gonna get together one of these days and have a friendly competition, I can only speak from personal beliefs now, Im ready to back it up though ;)

Matt, I just finished hooking up my PIAA 80s. MAN those things are bright! So far I've only seen them on during the day. I thought they were going to burn a hole in my garage door LOL. The hookup was super easy and I love that switch, very cool!

right on Rick! Can't wait to see em on the Colors run!

LOL Hey Ryan started this one just as a joke to get me up to 1000 posts, I didn't think people would respond to it :). ALthough since your looking now... i've updated the site that has the pics of the PIAA's and the wiring and fuses and relays and all that fun stuff... check it out.

[Edited by mattadams on 08-29-2000 at 07:57 PM]

Hey Matt, I am thinking of relocating my lights up top on the roof rack. How hard was it to run the wires inside? DId you have to cut the wiring and run longer wires to go inside? Do I only need to run the wiring from the lights to that relay all the way to the top? Will the stud that comes with the lights work with the roof rack, or will I need to go get some longer bolts? Do you know what thread size the bolts with the lights are? Mine keep on coming loose because they didn't come with lock washers, so I am gonna get some lock nuts and put them on there. Thanks

Fuse block?

Hey Matt-

While we got you on the subject...
I'm going to get four lights for the top of the truck (maybe two more in front), how do you have those wired in? Did you mount a small fuse block off of the main fuse block? Give me the low down, my man.

T-Bone

T-Bone - follow the link I showed earlier.
It answers almost all of your questions. If you run wires to the roof you WILL need to cut and use wire of similar/larger guage to the roof. I had to drill a few holes, once I drilled the first one it wasn't so painful to me :). The bolts I had were long enough to go through the stock roof rack, but you may want to push washers on both sides, otherwise it'll just bend the plastic. I'm thinking there 10mm but don't quote me on that?

Thanks for the link, buddy.
HOLY SMOKES! Damn, you have got some nice candle power going on there. Enough for a large sporting event or perhaps to light up a small, third world country! That pic of the light reflecting on your garage door looks like its burning a hole thru it.
I love it! OK, time to order that 130 AMP alternator.....:)

T-Bone

Ok now I know why you call it Vegas nice setup

Jason - thanks
Tbone - did that answer all your questions?

Dang I had no idea I would create this much of a stir over this! LOL

BTW I had hellas and currently they are sitting in a bucket in my closet. Thats about how good I think they are. They lasted me ohh...3 months of using them once in a great while before they just stoped working all-together. So I would recomend PIAA's. :) When I get my PIAA's someday when I have money I will have to tell you all how great they are. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back