and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Pictures of PCV valve location on 2002 4.0 SOHC Ranger

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by dmac0923, November 11, 2007.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. dmac0923

dmac0923 Active Member

City, State:
      Yorktown
      Year and Model:
      2002 ranger xlt
      this is on the drivers side valve cover facing the firewall.
      [​IMG]

there is a coolant line that is snapped onto the pcv valve
      [​IMG]

just pull the rubber elbow off.
      take the coolant line off.
      turn the PCV to unlock it and remove

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. lslfpd9214

lslfpd9214 New Member

City, State:
      Wentzville Missouri
      Year and Model:
      2001 Ford Explorer Sport
      I have the same PCV valve and while checking to see why my explorer was idling so rough I foung my PCV completely removed from the valve cover. When I tried to 1/4 twist the valve back into the valve cover it would not seat properly. Is there a rubber grommet that should be on the valve cover or are there tabs that the PCV valve catches to pull it flush? When I felt the inside the valve cover there were no tabs to catch the 1/4 locks.

4. nightrunner03

nightrunner03 New Member

City, State:
      san diego california
      Year and Model:
      2003 ford explorer sport
      my 03 sport trac has the same issue and it needs a new valve cover due to the tabs that are missing