pivot arms look wrong | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pivot arms look wrong

see how much of an angle the steering bars are
23ifllv.jpg

radius drop brackets

@#&$*!!

That I guarantee you is at least 98% of your problem. That's probably worse than my buddy's Ranger with a 6" Skyjacker lift was (his truck would've made you **** your pants it was so scary to drive). That linkage needs to be down flat so it can swing in phase with the suspension beams (like this):
linkage.jpg

Get the FA600 arm. You need that first before anything else. Then deal with the rest (yes, those radius drops should match the lift height. Maybe get an extended RA kit for it instead).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea i knew it should be lower i think they gave me all the parts to the 3.5 kit and 5.5 springs.does the extended ra come with brackets or will i have to get the also?

who makes the best extended radius arms
?

If you buy the RA kit it will come with the brackets. 91Rockkrawler is selling his Superlift Extended RA's you might want to pm him

i have the 5.5 superlift and it looks like my radius drop brackets aren't dropped enough and is causing my pivot arms to look crooked.how much lower should the bracket drop it?i am getting a terrible clunk sound from the front and i know i need new bushing but even if i get new bushing it still looks like the drop brackets should be lower
2hia74j.jpg

311ti8n.jpg
i have the 5.5 superlift and it looks like my radius drop brackets aren't dropped enough and is causing my pivot arms to look crooked.how much lower should the bracket drop it?i am getting a terrible clunk sound from the front and i know i need new bushing but even if i get new bushing it still looks like the drop brackets should be lower
2hia74j.jpg

311ti8n.jpg
You ever figure out what was wrong with this? I just put duff arms on and have the same problem. It's almost like the rad u s arm brackets should be lower on mine but then I would have to lower the trans cross memeber

You ever figure out what was wrong with this? I just put duff arms on and have the same problem. It's almost like the rad u s arm brackets should be lower on mine but then I would have to lower the trans cross memeber
Not really..i went to a fa600 steering arm and james duff extended radius arms

Ya I just ordered that yesterday was gonna try that and move the raduis arm brackets forward a bit. I Amy have measured wrong on the drivers side from the body mount cause I had to back the heim joint out a bit

Ya I just ordered that yesterday was gonna try that and move the raduis arm brackets forward a bit. I Amy have measured wrong on the drivers side from the body mount cause I had to back the heim joint out a bit
I screwed mine out a bit also..you can loosen the 2 bolts and try to twist the pivot arms a bit also..ive been running it for year with no issues tho

Good to know will mess around with it when I get the fa600, thanks for the help

Back