Possibly buying an 02 sport, think this is a good deal? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possibly buying an 02 sport, think this is a good deal?

PPro

Reaction score
City, State
Whitmore Lake, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Sport
Heres the specs-

White 02 Sport 4x4
48k miles

Added options-
Power moonroof
Auto tinting mirror
Premium Pioneer sound (6disk changer, better speakers and a subwoofer)

Also has a 6 year, 75k full warrenty on it.

A dealership around here had it listed at 13,800. I test drove it today and talked him down to 12,500 for it.

I can afford it, just wondering if you guys this that's a good price. For around here, its one of the best I've found. I have a loaded 00 X that I like, but this one seems a little nicer and in the end will be a cheaper monthly payment then what I'm paying now. Thanks for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PPro said:
Heres the specs-

White 02 Sport 4x4
48k miles

Added options-
Power moonroof
Auto tinting mirror
Premium Pioneer sound (6disk changer, better speakers and a subwoofer)

Also has a 6 year, 75k full warrenty on it.

A dealership around here had it listed at 13,800. I test drove it today and talked him down to 12,500 for it.

I can afford it, just wondering if you guys this that's a good price. For around here, its one of the best I've found. I have a loaded 00 X that I like, but this one seems a little nicer and in the end will be a cheaper monthly payment then what I'm paying now. Thanks for any help.

I love the ride of my 2002 and glad i bought it.

Yeah, I test drove 3 of them today and all were a huge difference over my 00. My 00 is 4 door, which makes it quite a big longer. Maybe that has something to do with it. Whatever it was, I liked it a lot.

May I ask what options/miles your has and how much it was? Thanks.

i have all the options of the XLT. 3rd seat, cd and cassette player combo.
power everything.

had 80000 mile on it when i bought it last november. Just passed 100,000 and paid just $9000.00
with everything included. Taxes Tag and Title

Ah, sounds nice.

I really like the look of the 01+ sport front ends, and just the overall look of them vs a 4door. 4 doors are nice to have, but I really dont have people in my back seat that often anyway. (Well, unless the seats are folded down, in which case you just get in from the hatch ;))

Back