post pics of your HID's | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

post pics of your HID's

post pics of you HID's in action whether their in stock housing or diamond or projector housing. also tell what brand, what K too.

hope to see lots of pics :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In the other thread I thought you were talking about BMW HID's :eek:
LOL...sorry about that. When my buddy told me about them I thought the same thing. :D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

0345.jpg

Okay i skimmed through all the pages and i would like to know the best combo as far as the bi xenon whos the best, what is the actual brightest? And how do they go with the clear lenses or the clear black lenses or stock? Any thing will help. Thanks! Also i drive a 2000 x

your best bet is if u go retro. some of the clears and black housing ones produce shadows with the kits. adjusting it will help it out but won't get rid of the shadows. retros are the best to do if u got the time and money to do it. there are a couple here who have them and the light output is the best and the cut off line are good. meaning less scattered light and glare for oncoming drivers.

I use to have mine in my stock lenses...They ere the same for light out put...But I will say that if you have the center cap in your after market housing your light patten will be every where. The cut off sucks...I personally don't care...

0169small.jpg

Not the greatest but its all over...

your best bet is if u go retro. some of the clears and black housing ones produce shadows with the kits. adjusting it will help it out but won't get rid of the shadows. retros are the best to do if u got the time and money to do it. there are a couple here who have them and the light output is the best and the cut off line are good. meaning less scattered light and glare for oncoming drivers.

Retro as in retrofit?

Oh im definatly doing that but probably not very soon, i just want to figure out what color hids to go with for now and the best way to makem bright. I dont want funky colors just as bright as i can get. And which lense will reflect the best. And also you said the refractor thingy inside the light screws up the pattern, in your pic is it inside?

I use to have mine in my stock lenses...They ere the same for light out put...But I will say that if you have the center cap in your after market housing your light patten will be every where. The cut off sucks...I personally don't care...

Are you saying if I take the center piece out it will be better? or haven't tried yet?

I think it would just blind oncoming drivers. But I would like to know to because my stock headlights didn't have the center piece but my clears do I installed the clears and HIDs at the same time so I dont know if it was brighter.

I think it would just blind oncoming drivers. But I would like to know to because my stock headlights didn't have the center piece but my clears do I installed the clears and HIDs at the same time so I dont know if it was brighter.

There going to blind people if they are not aimed down some...And stock have no center cap because they have light defusing lense(sp)...I beleave correct me if I'm wrong...

Yea the stock lens has ridges across it compared to the clears. I guess thats the diffusing lens?

There going to blind people if they are not aimed down some...And stock have no center cap because they have light defusing lense(sp)...I beleave correct me if I'm wrong...

My stock headlights have a cover over the bulb, that's what we're talking about, right? That's what I'm talking about... Might also be because I have a Mountaineer. Not the same housing as yours.

My stock headlights have a cover over the bulb, that's what we're talking about, right? That's what I'm talking about... Might also be because I have a Mountaineer. Not the same housing as yours.
Mountaineer do have caps factory...Beacuse its a diamond cut factory...Haha did not see you had one!

BTW, I can't find any threads on it.. :dunno:
Hmmm, this is the same idea just don't add the projector...:p:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209015

So because I have the diamond cut it would be better to just leave them in?

If were both on the right page...The caps is was makes the light go every where and have more of a glare(IMO). I want to take mine out but I'm to lazy! If it got dark here in the summer I would take a picture with one with the cap and one with out a cap and let you see the difference but it is summer and its 75d's and pretty much light out all the time :eek:

Back