Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

Please post some pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights installed.

Thanks ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just turned the mounting bracket so that it's above the light, then drilled into the upper area inside that fog light opening. Don't know if that explains it well, I'll get pictures soon of it. Bottom line is I was trying to think of how to make mounts, and then it turns out that all I needed to do was just drill into the cladding

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Are those Rigid d series, or a knock-off brand? Are the knock-off LEDs any good?

Are those Rigid d series, or a knock-off brand? Are the knock-off LEDs any good?

These aren't rigids, but yeah the knockoff stuff is good light. I would love rigid stuff but the price tag isn't worth it for someone like me who's truck is 100% just for looks. I've got plenty of buddies with rigid lights and plenty with ebay lights and they both get the job done no problem, but if you go the knockoff route don't do it through some company that buys chinese lights and does a ridiculous markup on them. Get the ebay good deal ones because they are the exact same product for a fraction of the price (you can get a set of D-series knockoffs for like $30 and they work great). I only went through a company to get custom painted ones.

Here's mine. Just installed the brush guard and lights this weekend.
photo.jpg

what exactly is in the middle of your hood, wbw?

DSCN2334_zpsd12ed549.jpg

Blue91, Thanks. With the LED light rings on my son says it looks like the eyes on a Transformer

I don't know if I ever post this but is my old truck just before I get rid of it

Attachments

• lightforce 5.jpg
    lightforce 5.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 858

dunno if i posted a pic with the new front lights, they havent been hooked up but they will be wired to the high beams to come on at the same time as hi/mid aimed lights.

1FmBjxq.jpg

20Ap489.jpg

right now they are just poser lights though haha, got them for free and haven't had time for wiring.

2, 9" round LEDs. 2nd set of power poles are 1600 feet away.

Holy crap Brian, those things throw some light! how much/what are they? wattage?

Holy crap Brian, those things throw some light! how much/what are they? wattage?

96 watts each. They are basically clones of the ARB lights which sell for $725 each. These you can find for around $100-$150 per light from various sources. They are just starting to come into the US market, I was an "early adopter" after seeing them in person at the SEMA show back in November. They are supposedly CREE LEDs and are a 20 degree spot pattern. 2 are about equivalent to a 40-50" bar but focus the light downrange a little better.

The photo is a bit deceiving, I let the exposure go a few seconds too long which made the road disappear in the foreground into a giant blob of white which they really don't do in person - it is more of an even coverage. The light spread is very good.

Back