Post your WTB Aerostar parts here. | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post your WTB Aerostar parts here.

The actual cover is not the problem--it's the hinge and cover frame which is riveted to the cover. The hinge is frozen and the rivets are broken. A replacement cover would have the frame/hinge strip as an integral part. There's the rub!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I saw that the rivets are located in a very difficult position, between two layers of the cover. Replacing them is risky, since one could easily destroy the cover. I might give it a try anyway!

WANTED for 1994 Ford Aerostar brake combination valve (1992 to 1995 are the same). The valve is after and under the Master Brake Cylinder. If you have the two lines from the MC they are welcome. Also if you have the line from the combination valve to the proportioning valve is fine too.

Have a great day!

Repair Seatbelt Latch

I need a front drivers side female seat belt stalk.
Something happened to mine and the seatbelt will no longer stay latched.
Anyone know where to get one?
I have stopped at a couple junkyards but they didn't have any Aerostars.
-Scott

Open up the latch assembly and replace the broken spring with a feeler gauge of the same thickness. Cut also to size. Put the seatbelt latch assembly back together. Used mine this way for 5 years on a 1992

Open up the latch assembly and replace the broken spring with a feeler gauge of the same thickness. Cut also to size. Put the seatbelt latch assembly back together. Used mine this way for 5 years on a 1992

let's not forget the obvious: you can use one of the latches from the rear seat belts! The difference is the ones in the rear are not inside the plastic cover.

I succeeded in opening one of the front, driver's latch only to realize I couldn't find the proper spring-steel but it didn't ocurr to me to use the feeler gauge piece! Good tip! :salute:

with a couple of small screw drivers you can carefully separate them. They come very easy apart. I am a person what is fixable I fix.

The end caps of Radiators leak often on Aerostars (special when the cold season starts)and I am sure on other make vehicles too. It is easy to replace a radiator but it would be costly if you have to do it often. It is usual the end cap on the passenger side. I take the rad out and re-crimp the alum. taps with pliers with 2ft handles. It does the trick and have no problems even when far below freezing. Have done 9 Aerostars that way.

Tip about AC condensers; they can leak too special if you leave in cold climate where they put lots of gravel on the road. You get little pin holes in the alum. condenser which are easy to fix with JB-WELD. By the time you have to use the AC the refrigerant is pfft. gone. Good time to replace with a more friendly refrigerant. Red-Tek 12 or Duracool 12. It is an easy DIY job, but if you are unfamiliar with refrigerants do some reading about it. I have use this product for 6 years without any leaks. It is easier on the compressor head.
To avoid further attacks from gravel I installed metal fly screen in front of the condenser.

good tips aero-star.

are Red-Tek 12 and Duracool 12 compatible with R134a and its oil? or do you have to flush the system clean before charging with those?

Red-Tek or Duracool 12a

before using Red-Tek or Duracool 12a evacuate the 134a from your system. If you don't have the equipment, have it done by a pro. He might charge for it or just takes the 134a refrigerant in trade. He also can pull the recommended 25 cm hg (10" hg) vacuum before recharging. If you have your own vacuum pump you can do it yourself. The oil stays in the system.
I started with a 12a oil and dry can then a leak detect can and topped with just the 12a. Do not over charge. The recommended amount is on a decal near the blower motor. Red-Tek or Duracool has a conversion chart. BTW both their websites have instructions special Duracool has a excellent .pdf manual.
One thing; do not listen to the negative stories about 12a. This are usual people who have no clue about anything; they just want to be heard. Do your own research.

Using 12a; Runs cooler, Ozone friendly; There is less Compressor head pressure so your compressor will last longer in a well maintained cooling system.
If you have pin holes in the condenser use JB weld to fix it, I did 5 years ago and it is still standing up to the heat and extreme cold in Canada.

What the vested interest don't want you to know? Soon I will start a tread about mileage increase with Hydrogen cells; or read about it yourself at eagle-research.com Yes it works; Simple as that! If you want to double your mileage be inventive and do research. Engine will last longer and cleaner towards the environment and money in your pocket.

Thanks for the info.

I need a rear seat that folds BACKWARDS to lie flat...

I have 1 from an older one in the rear position, thinking if I add another in the middle position they, together, would make an almost decent bed. I have a couple of single seats, a couple of the smaller bench seats that fold forward, but would like to try doubling up the older fold flat ones. My colors are the grey w/ red piping, and Im in the ATL......has anybody else tried this ? We can trade, I can pay some cash, whatever, just so long as you are local and easy to work with, I am. I have a good many spare parts I can trade...

I found several Seat Belt Receiver asemblies for the Driver Seat Belt in nice working condition.

The plastic covers are Blue or Grey/Blue, but the plastic cover can be painted with vinyl spray sold at autoparts.

Price is $75.00 each delivered in the USA. This price accounts for my gasoline expense to the salvage yard, my time in pulling them, cleaning, packing and shipping them, and the price I pay for the part. I'm doing this as a good-will favor to those who need this part, so no complaints about the price, please!

Contact me via PM if you need one. Payment by Paypal.

Looking for a clutch pedal set up for a 95 Aerostar.Im swapping in a 5 speed.

Wtb parts

Hi
I am looking for the 2 rear seats in the Aerostars that open into a bed.
I have a 1997 Ext body and unless I am mistaking the bed type should fit right in. Sound right? Anybody got or know of a set of those seats in good condition?
Mine are grey.
Thanks!!!
Aerobronco2

the problem is shipping those, they are heavy and large items.

best to look locally / near you in your local Craigslists by searching "aerostar"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have two used but very nice-condition license plate light lenses for sale. Not cracked or burned.

price is $35.00 for the pair including First Class delivery in the USA. Payment by Paypal.

TIP:
if yours are burned/cracked from heat, you are using # 194 bulbs and you should use # 161 only.

also do not use # 194 bulbs in the heater/air conditioner/fan/temp control pod, use only two # 161 bulbs, otherwise you will burn the housing.

Back