for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Power seats inop

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by Pulsemotorsports, September 27, 2009.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Pulsemotorsports

Pulsemotorsports New Member

just bought my 03 explorer 2 weeks ago. the power seats are inop so is the pedal position button and the seat heater button. any advice on the matter? trying to get it fixed asap. also, saw that there were some TSB's anyone know about those also.?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. EasyRhino

EasyRhino Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Kailua, Hawai'i
      Year and Model:
      '02 Limited 4.6L 4x4
      Did you start with the obvious - checking the fuses first?

Your post indicates that the following 3 things are not working:

Power Seats - (implies both)

Pedal Position BUTTON

Seat Heater BUTTON

I don't want to assume, but what causes you to think that its the button for the latter two? Could be the relay, in the case of the heaters.