and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Power windows not working

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by cobra1379, March 29, 2010.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. cobra1379

cobra1379 New Member

City, State:
      Owensboro ky
      Year and Model:
      2005 ford explorer
      My mom has a 2003 explorer and the power windows stopped working the other day. I checked the breaker and it was fine. I took the switch out of the drivers side door and tested it in my 2002 and it worked fine. I have power at the switch and at the switch on the passenger door. Is there a relay or something I'm missing??

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 1ATony

1ATony EF Vendor

City, State:
      mass
      Year and Model:
      92 explorer
      If you have a test light I'd see if juice was getting to the driver side window motor,are all of the windows not working?

4. Squirrelmaster

Squirrelmaster Active Member

City, State:
      St. Paul, MN
      Year and Model:
      '04 Explorer Eddie Bauer
      Indeed, is it all or just one window not working? My driver's-side rear window works only when it feels inclined to, which appears to be a fairly common problem on the 3rd gen Explorers. All of the windows no longer working is symptomatic of a severed wire in the door jamb wiring harness. Good luck.

Tom

5. BigRondo

BigRondo USMC 1371 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Worcester, MA
      Year and Model:
      2002 XLT V6 4x4
      I agree with Squirrelmaster. :thumbsup:

Check out this thread, It details checking and repairing broken wires in the boot between the door and the body. Thanks to synyster for a great write up: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=270081

Check out this link for troubleshooting power window issues, thanks to theofam: http://www.scribd.com/doc/14896086/2002-Explorer-Power-Window-System-Diagnosis :thumbsup:

Good luck! :salute: