Price for rear passenger window replacement? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Price for rear passenger window replacement?

jblackbu

Reaction score
City, State
Owings Mills, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 MM
To All.

This is my first post to explorerforum.com, but I've been reading/using the seach function for about six months and I've found this forum site to very help full.

I'm a proud owner of a 00' Mountaineer, but this morning my little girl (18months) locked the doors on me, and I had no choice but to break the rear passenger side window. Baby girl was fine.....so no harm done, except for the window.

Any ideas on how much I should pay for a replacement window?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Definentaly buy a new one i woulden't get one from a junk yard or anything

wow... the rear window is expensive.... like $350 or something and that is from a junkyard, it probably would have been cheaper to a. call a locksmith (i know, when a life is possibley in danger, you gotta do what you gotta do thoguh) or b gone through a door window....

I screwed up, I broke one of the rear seat passenger windows

subject line

Got it fixed.

I got the right rear door window replaced. It cost $250 w/labor from Banner Glass. The dealer price was $280 for the window alone.

I learned a long time ago, if you've got to break a window, break the front passenger window. It's typically the cheapest to replace and easiest to install. (Well, technically either front window would cost about the same, but how are you going to drive with glass all over your side of the car?)

Back