Price paid for sport explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Price paid for sport explorer

Sounds like your saying i have NOT BEEN TO A DEALER. Well, I HAVE. They know me by name now.

I'm looking for one like yours minus the console between second row buckets and in red. I had one lined up and it transferred out the morning my dealer called. They make it sound like it's not the easiest process. Maybe they don't want to work that hard, I dunno.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm having crazy trouble trying to locate a Sport that I want. I have particular interests! I posted in another thread that I would wait for 2014 if the My Ford Touch was improved or if it came from the factory with a DVD system.

Hi Checkit20,

Have you contacted our Marketing Program Headquarters? They can help you track down the perfect Explorer for you and fill you in on all available incentives. They can be reached at 1-800-334-4375.

Let us know what you pick out!

Crystal

I wanted to bump an old thread instead of starting a new one. Maybe some new sport owners can chime in.

Got my 2013 about $5k off MSRP not counting trade or TT&L.

I wanted to bump an old thread instead of starting a new one. Maybe some new sport owners can chime in.
Welcome to the Forum Boostking.:wavey:
Glad you did what you did. No need to start a new thread when one already exists. Hope you find what you're looking for.:thumbsup:

Peter

There is a good bit of price sharing in this post as well. A bit of all the models, but should be of some help. Here was my post copied over.

2013 Ruby Red Metallic Explorer Sport

402A, Adaptive Cruise, Trailer Tow package

MSRP: $47,920
Price: $44,341.98 (no trade)
Incentives: -$2750
Subtotal: $41,591.98
OTD After TTL: $ 43,568.32

I found this to be a pretty good price since I live in Northern Virginia where prices are normally always on the very high side.

One thing I'd recommend is to start a little below the invoice price and negotiate up! If you start at MSRP and try to go down it's unlikely you'll do as well.

How much did you pay?

For your 2013-2014 explorer sport? I am between the acadia and the explorer right now and I really like the TT engine in the explorer. I see ordering them can take awhile ;(

Less than a similarly equipped acadia denali ;)

...also smaller than a similarly equipped acadia denali

if you will need to use all the seats frequently,
3rd row size & 3rd row access ...getting way better as new cars are coming out...be sure to test 2nd and 3rd row...

For your 2013-2014 explorer sport? I am between the acadia and the explorer right now and I really like the TT engine in the explorer. I see ordering them can take awhile ;(
Welcome to the Forum Big Marc.:wavey:
I think the time frame is 6-8 weeks from the time the order is put into the system. You can check out some of the posts in the "Order Status" threads to get an idea.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=176

Peter

Got mine for 800 below invoice. MSRP was $44,750, OTD was $38,869. Not including fees or taxes here. Plus 2 free oil changes. The only option I got was the SkyLink anti-theft system. Only reason is due to the big discount I get on my car insurance...it will eventually pay for itself.

I just ordered my 2014 Sport in red with the 401 package, adaptive cruise, tow, dual moonrooves, cargo shade, wheel well protector, nav. Standard rear seats. I paid 44,800 which included a $2000 rebate. MSRP was $50,545. Got it down to $200 over invoice.

I just ordered my 2014 Sport in red with the 401 package, adaptive cruise, tow, dual moonrooves, cargo shade, wheel well protector, nav. Standard rear seats. I paid 44,800 which included a $2000 rebate. MSRP was $50,545. Got it down to $200 over invoice.
Welcome to the Forum RadAuto.:wavey:
By 'wheel well protectors' do you mean splash guards? Looks like a very good deal you got. Now the waiting begins.:)

Peter

Welcome to the Forum RadAuto.:wavey:
By 'wheel well protectors' do you mean splash guards? Looks like a very good deal you got. Now the waiting begins.:)

Peter

Thanks! No, I meant the rear cargo well protector which I think is just a rubber mat for the back cargo area.
I hope the wait won't be extended by the factory closing over the holidays. They closed for a while and just opened back up so they may have to fill a backlog before they can build mine. Sport models are nowhere to be found here in South Florida apparently. My local dealership didn't even have any Limiteds at all. They only had a couple XLTs. They go like hotcakes around here.
This will be my second Explorer. My first new car was a 1995 Sport 5 speed. I loved that thing. I drove it hard for years and it still looked and worked great when I sold it. I just wish you could get a high end Explorer with cloth seats. I really don't understand why people like leather seats. I'm really looking forward to the cooled seats. If the leather really bothers me I'll have them reupholstered.

Thanks! No, I meant the rear cargo well protector which I think is just a rubber mat for the back cargo area.
I hope the wait won't be extended by the factory closing over the holidays. They closed for a while and just opened back up so they may have to fill a backlog before they can build mine. Sport models are nowhere to be found here in South Florida apparently. My local dealership didn't even have any Limiteds at all. They only had a couple XLTs. They go like hotcakes around here.
This will be my second Explorer. My first new car was a 1995 Sport 5 speed. I loved that thing. I drove it hard for years and it still looked and worked great when I sold it. I just wish you could get a high end Explorer with cloth seats. I really don't understand why people like leather seats. I'm really looking forward to the cooled seats. If the leather really bothers me I'll have them reupholstered.
Okay, gotcha. That is referred to as the cargo mat in most posts. The OEM mat wasn't available yet when I got my 2011 so I ordered the Husky one along with the first and 2nd row mats.
Crystal (FordService) one of the Ford reps that monitors this forum has been able to provide updates to members who are waiting for their Ex to be built. If it was just ordered it may be too early yet. I ordered my Limited Dec. 21st 2010 and it was delivered to the dealership on March 11th, 2011. I also got caught by the holiday shutdown.

Peter

I'm having crazy trouble trying to locate a Sport that I want. I have particular interests! I posted in another thread that I would wait for 2014 if the My Ford Touch was improved or if it came from the factory with a DVD system.

My information is a few weeks old but I was told the demand for Explorer SPORT's is so high that dealers are not being allowed to order SPORT's for stock, they must be Special Order for a customer.

Thats not to say an order gets placed and the customer backs out then the order becomes stock.

If your not in a hurry, I would wait because the order banks usually open in April for the next model year which will likely start Job1 in July.

Other then that you can order a 14 model now

The DVD system from the factory has absolutely no connection to the front MFT screen. I found this odd too since GM has had the DVD system play on the navigation screen for 10 years. The MFT disc slot is CD only.

My SPORT arrived last week, picking up today.

$45,122 plus $1000 Costco cash mailed back to me so $44,122 for every option except DVD.
Thats a good price in Canuckastan, MSRP is $55K

Our 2014 XLT with

202A package
20" Wheels
Voice activated Nav
Power Lift gate
White Platinum Paint
6yr Extended Warranty
Tire and Wheel

All that plus what we were upside down in our old car is just under $46k out the door. Sticker is $39,075 and we were about $5k upside down so I don't think we did too bad.

I bought mine off the lot in November. It's Silver with 401A, 2nd Row Buckets, Moonroof, Adaptive Cruise, Towing Pkg, Crossbars, and Rubber Mats.
I told them that I wasn't willing to pay anything close to the $50,080 sticker price and not to waste my time if they couldn't offer me something less than invoice. The salesman left and then came back a few minutes later with the sales manager and he gave me an offer sheet with sticker PLUS 10% ($55,088).
"What! Didn't you hear me?" I asked and the guy tells me "Well, we need to make a profit on this vehicle." I got up and walked out. I was in my car and headed out of the lot when they chased me down and begged me to come back in.
Long story short, I ended up paying invoice less the $2K rebate and the $750 Ford Cash internet coupon. Total cost (before license, taxes, etc.) $44.2K. I think I left a few bucks on the table, but I'm more or less happy with what I paid.

The X plan price is $46,123 then you have $2,000 rebate so $44,123.

#

#

###
# Disclaimer: This window sticker is only representative of the information contained on an actual window sticker, and may or may not match the actual window sticker on the vehicle itself. Please see your retailer for further information. ###
#
# Vehicle Description VIN #1FM5K8GT3EG #B50483 #
# EXPLORER 4-DOOR #### 2014#4DR 4WD SPORT
3.5L V6 ECOBOOST ENGINE#
6-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION# ## Exterior #
TUXEDO BLACK METALLIC
Interior
CHARCOAL BLACK INTERIORPERFORATED LTHR HEATED/COOLED #
#
#
Standard Equipment INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE #
#
EXTERIOR
. 20" MACHINED ALUMINUM
WHEELS
. P255/50R20 A/S BSW TIRES
. AUTO PROJ BEAM HEADLAMPS
. LED TAILLAMPS
. FOG LAMPS
. MIRRORS-MAN FOLD DUAL PWR
HEATED WITH APPROACH LAMP
. SECURICODE KEYLESS ENTRY
. DOOR HANDLES - CHROME
. PRIVACY GLASS 2ND/3RD ROW
. ROOF RACK SIDE RAILS
. REAR SPOILER, BODY COLOR
. LWR BODYSIDE CLADDING-BLK
. EXHAUST TIPS - CHROME
INTERIOR
. LEATHER TRIMMED SEATS W/
10 WAY HTD DR/6 WAY HTD P
. 2ND ROW 60/40 FOLD FLAT
. 3RD ROW - 50/50 FOLD FLAT
. DUAL-ZONE ELECTRONIC
AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL
. PARTICULATE AIR FILTER
. LEATHER WRAPPED STR WHEEL
W/CRUISE AND AUDIO CONTRO
. TILT/TELESCOPE STR COLUMN
. 1TOUCH UP/DOWN DR/PASS WIN
. DUAL ILLUM VANITY MIRRORS
. AUTO DIM REARVIEW MIRROR
. SCUFF PLATES - ILLUMINATED
. CARGO NET
FUNCTIONAL
. SYNC W/ MYFORD TOUCH
. SYNC SERVICES
. SIRIUS SAT SVC N/A AK&HI
. SPORT-TUNED SUSPENSION
. SONY AUDIO SYSTEM
390 WATT/ 12 SPEAKERS
. 6-SPEED SST W/PADDLE SHIFT
. REAR VIEW CAMERA
. REVERSE SENSING SYSTEM
. TERRAIN MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
. HILL DESCENT/OFF-ROAD MODE
. HILL START ASSIST
. TRAILER SWAY CONTROL
. POWER LOCKS AND WINDOWS
. POWER STEERING W/EPAS
SAFETY/SECURITY
. LATCH CHILD SAFETY SYSTEM
. AIRBAGS - DUAL STAGE FRONT
. AIRBAGS - FRONT SEAT
MOUNTED SIDE IMPACT
. FRONT PASS. KNEE AIRBAG
. AIRBAGS - SAFETY CANOPY
. SOS POST CRASH ALERT SYS
. PERIMETER ALARM
. TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYS
. ADVANCETRAC WITH RSC
WARRANTY
. 3YR/36,000 BUMPER / BUMPER
. 5YR/60,000 POWERTRAIN
. 5YR/60,000 ROADSIDE ASSIST
#
#
#Price Information BASE PRICE $41,675#
#
Included on this Vehicle
EQUIPMENT GROUP 401A 4,130#
VOICE ACTIVATED NAVIGATION #
BLIS/REAR INFLAT BELT PACKAG #
BLIND SPOT MONITORING SYS #
2ND ROW OUTBOARD INFLAT BLTS #
POWER LIFTGATE #
PWR TILT/TELE STEERING WHEEL #
INTEL PUSH BUTTON START W/RM #
REMOTE START #
AMBIENT LIGHTING #
UNIVERSAL GARAGE DOOR OPENER #
MEMORY:DR SEAT,MIRRORS,PEDAL #
110V POWER OUTLET #
#
Optional Equipment
2014 MODEL YEAR #
TUXEDO BLACK METALLIC #
CHAR BLACK COOLED PERF LTHR #
.3.5L V6 ECOBOOST ENGINE #
.6-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION #
FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET #
CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS SYSTEM #
DUAL-PANEL MOONROOF 1,595#
TRAILER TOW PACKAGE CLASS III 570#
JOB #2 ORDER #
SELECT SHIFT TRANSMISSION #
# __________#
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 47,970#
DESTINATION & DELIVERY 895#
# __________#
TOTAL MSRP $48,865#
#
Disclaimer: Option pricing will be blank for any item that is priced as 0 or "No Charge"

was wondering was anyone able to get rhe $2k rebate and financing as well? How does that price look? I feel like I can get them down more.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good price

The only thing I don't see is the 2nd row buckets with 2nd row console

Back