• Register Today It's free!

Pricing off Sticker.

Titan12345

Reaction score
City, State
Jax. Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
TBA
For those that have already bought, can you give my an idea of what kind of discounts the dealers are giving off sticker? I know you can almost get $1500from Ford. I hope the dealer doesn't think that is enough.

T

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the offers right now is $1000, and then another $1500 for owner loyalty rebate.

I went through Bank of America's car buying service which gave me a cost of $300 below dealer invoice and then there was the $1,000 rebate and another $1,500 cust loyalty bonus.

It was a nice deal.

Go to the dealership and test drive and not buy. Wait 2 days and the salesman will be ringing your phone off the hook trying to get you to come back. Then you make the price.

Go to the dealership and test drive and not buy. Wait 2 days and the salesman will be ringing your phone off the hook trying to get you to come back. Then you make the price.

Sounds like a good idea. LOL

What's the depreciation once you drive a new one off the lot for new cars nowadays?

I got mine almost 3k off of sticker. I know the dealership sales manager, so it probably helped. Didn't have to haggle at all...

Current offer here was 1000 off and that was it. But I get X-Plan, so I got a good deal anyways :)

Always use a site like trucar.com to find out the actual invoice, dealer cost and MSRP in your state, then see what people are paying. The dealer price should be invoice minus the dealer hold back which for Ford is 3% of the total MSRP. Say the hold back is 1500, you should be able to order one for invoice minus any incentives and the dealer would still be making the 1500 just for submiting your paper work. Plus they charge paper work fee's anyways, so really they are making 1500 to do nothing.

Mishtar is right on. I posted in another thread the deal I got. Keep in mind I ordered in early September before the hype was built up. I was fortunate enough to have all 3 Ford dealerships playing ball with me, so I let them fight each other for my business. The end result was dealer invoice minus an extra $250 and free oil changes for life (I keep my vehicles for 10+ years, closer to 15) before any incentives. The only incentives I was eligible for was the $500 pre-order (ended 12/1/10 I believe) and the current $1000 off (or you can opt for the crappy financing rates).

I argued over the $150 "documentation fees" and they claimed it was a state law (all 3 dealerships told me this so it's either true or they are all blowing smoke) and the $250 off was specifically from the FDAF (Ford Dealers Advertising Fund or something). I said I shouldn't have to pay for advertising, that's YOUR cost of doing business, I don't charge the dealership for gas money I used to drive to their lot right? The other 2 dealerships wouldn't budge on this and the $250 off was the best I could get the third to do from the $525 it was. This is already applied to the invoice price of a vehicle. They charged $55 for GAS........ that's right, gas. Cheap *******s. I remember when they paid for this, invoice or not. Title and tags is obvious, $35 for both. And lastly, my least favorite, taxes.

For those that have already bought, can you give my an idea of what kind of discounts the dealers are giving off sticker? I know you can almost get $1500from Ford. I hope the dealer doesn't think that is enough.

T
I haven't taken possession yet of my 2011 Limited. It is still in the parts bins and I don't know yet when they are going to put it all together. Order went in Dec. 20th. I do have initial paperwork here for my lease agreement. It looks like the dealer took $1904 off. There is no freight/delivery fee charged. This is listed as $1400 when you build the Ex online. I also get a $1000 'Early Order' rebate. If the $1400 is not an oversight, then it looks like the total savings would be $4304. I never bothered getting into a haggling thing since I could live with what I was offered. Getting 4 splash guards installed free.;) Also remember this is a Canadian vehicle lease. Got the rate down to 3.49%. The vehicle lists for $51,779 ($49,875 my price) and the buy back after 48 months is $19,158.

In Canada we have to pay to get invoice and dealer cost info but if I can assume that the difference between MSRP and dealer invoice is the same just at a higher price then I paid about 1700 under invoice with my 1000 of for Costco. I paid 4000k under MSRP but that is not including the 880 they threw on later for some bs Globali stickers and paper work. Paper work at all 3 Ford dealerships in town is $480.............

I think I did pretty well. My MSRP was $38,785, after my X Plan, $1000 rebate and $1500 Explorer loyalty rebate, I was at $33,500 before my trade in $.

I had X-plan and $1000 rebate. Sticker: $43,480. Price (including all but taxes): $39,940.

Mins was like yours Urchin. Before all taxes. Though since I ordered before 31 Dec 2010 in Canada I also get $1000 towards dealer installed accessories which I was going to buy anyways so I really saved 5k.

Wonder if I should try and go the X-Plan route. Anyone know the pricing list for X-Plan or is it different by region?

I have a 2011 LTD on order here in Tampa. Spec Package 302A, moonroof, and towing package. I was able to use X-Plan, sticker was 45070, plan price was 41478 plus still got the 1000 off rebate.

Find and Seek

I went to a few dealers and even tried to deal on an incoming unsold unit.
In N. Florida, the dealers only want to discount $1000, combine that with the $1000 rebate and it is a start on a $45k vehicle. Ford stopped the Ford loyalty except for $1500 on existing Explorer owners, so exnay my current Expedition loyalty opportunity. Looks like I should have spent less money when I bought and purchased a Explorer, because it is worth more now according to Fords loyalty program.

When you tell the sales people about TruCar details and testimonials from the group, they of course say it is unlikely people have gotten such deals. Ya gotta give em credit for trying to keep to their guns. Their a persistent bunch. How can so many people BS? Silence.....

It is easy to get caught up in the buying hype and try to stretch for a new vehicle, but when I have a perfectly good high mile 98 Expedition, why dive in the debt pool? I need to regain my brains and wait and save for a healthy down payment.

Congrats to those that pulled it off and are driving a new Explorer....enjoy!

T

You could try spending $50 on carwoo. They will contact 5 or 6 dealers within 100 miles of you and they can bid for your loyalty. Or 350 or so for a autobroker. They normally can get vehicles at cost.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't consider myself an expert at all when it comes to buying vehicles, new or used. The few times I have bought new I already researched every little detail about the vehicle itself, let alone dealer cost, dealer invoice and MSRP. If this is a Shelby GT500 where they make like 3000 a year then yeah, I expect to get raped but that's not the case here. When I walk into the dealership I expect them to start at dealer invoice and go from there. No BS fees, advertising/prep/car wash/salesman-needs-a-new-pair-of-shoes etc, tax/tags/title is fine. I fought with all 3 dealerships over the "mandatory" Ford Dealers Advertising Fee and only got one to cut it in half (it's like $525 bucks) :mad:

In the end, knowledge is power. I've never met a salesman who knew more about the vehicle I was buying, than me.

Back