1. It's time for our yearly 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale! Last day is November 30!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a full two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership!

If you would like to extend an existing membership for two more years please contact "Rick" through a conversation/private message as I will have to set up existing memberships manually. Thank you and happy holidays!!!
    Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

purchasing husky liners

Discussion in 'Modified 2011- 2018 Explorer Sport Tuning' started by tgunn_ocs, January 27, 2013.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      I believe the Husky Weatherbeater model still does.

Peter

2. Support EF

Holiday Special through Nov 30! Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Pitt1717

Pitt1717 New Member

City, State:
      NJ
      2017 XSport
      well that sucks... so now the questions, does it fit as it should or is there alignment issues (left foot pedal) as stated above. also, what is everyone elses thoughts, weather tech (which was redesigned for 17, or the husky still (wanted the sill coverage)

just went to husky site again...weird 2017 explorer no longer shows liners available. wonder whats up

Last edited: September 4, 2016
    4. peterk9

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      I resent an email to the contact that I had been in touch with asking about the fit issue and never did get a reply. Perhaps they actually redesigning it or have pulled it off the market. I'll try again.

Peter

5. RIV Customz

RIV Customz New Member

Media:
      Albums:
      07 Explorer Sport Trac
      Glad I found this post. The sport track I just bought didn't come with floor liners. I expected as much in buying a used vehicle. But the floor is too slick for comfort when driving. I bought cheap floor mats from autozone but they slip all over the place. I even tried stick on Velcro but it doesn't don't work. Seems like the husky weatherbeaters are a great option. I will be ordering once I navigate the rest of their site to see if they have anything else I want.

6. aquadreamin

aquadreamin New Member

City, State:
      Sarasota Florida
      2008 4runner
      Newbie here with some questions.

Just brought home our new 2017 explorer sport yesterday. Now trying to get a few things. Looking at Husky vs Weatherteck. We have the 2nd row buckets with no console. Will be using the 3rd row seats for the kids with access being between the two second row buckets so lots of dirty kid feet going here. It looks like the Husky have way more coverage in this area with the WT having no coverage here. Would it be safe to say that the only redesign in the 2017 is the front? Could I go ahead and order the 2nd, 3rd row,and cargo liner from Husky in the 2016 model with out any fit issues on the 2017. I could then just get cheap mats for the front until the new design is ready from Husky.

7. Pitt1717

Pitt1717 New Member

City, State:
      NJ
      2017 XSport
      let us know.
      also went to the weather tech site. looks like their set comes up to the sill now? if you look at the complete and just 1st row it doesn't appear that way. but if you look at the 1st and 2nd row set it, does look like they cover the sill.
      http://www.weathertech.com/ford/2017/explorer/floorliner-digitalfit/2nd-row-explorer/bench-seating/

WT's are rigid, but state they have a coating on them for non slip. anyone have these and is it true? when they get wet are they slippery?

after a trip to the shore for a week and football 4 times a week I really need to get something

8. RIV Customz

RIV Customz New Member

Media:
      Albums:
      07 Explorer Sport Trac
      Non-slippage is a must. I was looking at weathertechs as well; don't really have a preference as long as they do their job. Not sure to go with the Huskys or WTs.

9. Pitt1717

Pitt1717 New Member

City, State:
      NJ
      2017 XSport
      got a reply from WT

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech.

We apologize for the confusion. The first two full set photos in the "Set" menu are labeled as "Representative Images" to give you an idea of the pieces you are purchasing gin the sets. The close ups of each single row are accurate images and labeled as "Shown in Ford Explorer" or for the 1st row "Ford Explorer FloorLiner". So the door sill is not covered in either the 1st row or 2nd row, linked below for reference:

http://www.weathertech.com/ford/2017/explorer/floorliner-digitalfit/2nd-row-explorer/bench-seating/

10. peterk9

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Since so many are buying the Husky liners for that extra coverage, I just don't understand why WeatherTech doesn't update their liners to match or offer the option.:dunno:

Peter

11. Pitt1717

Pitt1717 New Member

City, State:
      NJ
      2017 XSport
      just got this follow up email from my original Husky email

"Just discovered that Ford has added a carpet mat retaining post on the passenger side. We have a new part that accommodates this hook."

but nothing regarding the driver side.....

12. djlove

djlove New Member

City, State:
      Buffalo
      2014 Explorer XLT
      The weathertechs definitely lose shape over time. My silverado floor mats are getting near dangerous tripping levels with a few of the corners, and i take meticulous car of my vehicles.

13. SmartAZ

SmartAZ New Member

City, State:
      Phoenix, AZ
      2017 Explorer LTD (301a)
      Spoke with CS at Husky today. She put me on hold and spoke with the engineer, who said that the 2017 mats are new, and would be available and on the website by the end of October.

14. SmartAZ

SmartAZ New Member

City, State:
      Phoenix, AZ
      2017 Explorer LTD (301a)
      Husky Weatherbeater were posted today, but only for the cargo area and the 2nd Row. Must be a redesign for the 3rd Row, too.....
      https://www.huskyliners.com/products/2017/ford/explorer

Still waiting on X-Act Contour.

Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.
    15. peterk9

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Might be in the market for them in the near future depending on whether a deal for an existing dealer Platinum from another lot goes through today or if an order has to submitted.

Peter

16. SmartAZ

SmartAZ New Member

City, State:
      Phoenix, AZ
      2017 Explorer LTD (301a)
      Because I am taking delivery of my new Limited tomorrow, I went with a different route. It will require a little more work.

Ordered from AutoAnything.com (it is a division of AutoZone). In a chat, prior to purchasing, they said that they guarantee the ones they are selling (as '2017 Ford Explorer X-Act Contour') will fit the vehicle. I even mentioned that I had spoken with Husky about a redesign. They said that they would refund me, and I could swap them out, if Husky does in fact release a new X-Act Contour design. I emailed this chat transcript to myself upon conclusion of the chat.

They also have a generous price matching policy (good for one year from date of purchase). I looked online, and found cheaper prices for the part numbers at sportcompactwarehouse.com. I opened up a new chat, told the CSR the website address and their total, and he came back with a new offer (12% off MSRP - $8 cheaper than SCW). He then provided a secure link, and I clicked through and purchased.

Now, I can set price alerts on Amazon/etc., and just relax knowing that I will have the mats in my car right away. And, if they are updated, I can simply contact autoanything, and they will swap them out. I had never done business with them before, but their customer service was absolutely top notch. Quick and efficient online chats. Seems to be a fantastic company.

Hope this helps.

17. peterk9

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Thanks for that update. Picking up my vehicle on Monday. Halloween. I could have picked it up in a couple of days but since I picked up the MKT on April Fool's Day I thought I'd stay with that theme.:D

Peter

• Like Like x 1
    18. peterk9

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Received an email back from the Husky engineering manager saying the Husky front liners are available and can be ordered by calling 800-344-8759 now. He mentioned the parts should be up on the website but isn't sure why they are not.

Peter

19. kmarnes

kmarnes Active Member

City, State:
      Vancouver, BC
      2017 Explorer Sport
      So I got the stock Ford all-weather mats when I got my 2017 Sport, and they are great! The have the deep buckets and lock down well. I also got the cargo protector for just the rear bucket part behind the 3rd row. The seats will fold in over them without any issues. I heard from another forum (or perhaps earlier in this thread) that the older one's weren't up to the job. I don't recommend getting the cargo protector that goes up to the back of the 2nd row, because it won't stash well if you need the 3rd row seats. And if you do get that... never use the 3rd row seats.

20. peterk9

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      The OEM all weather mats are an improvement over what they had before but I want coverage right over to the door sill given the Winter weather we have here and only the Husky liners seem to provide that. Traded the OEM mats for the full OEM cargo liner since I don't use the 3rd row seats.

Peter

21. kmarnes

kmarnes Active Member

City, State:
      Vancouver, BC
      2017 Explorer Sport
    22. hanoudi

hanoudi New Member

City, State:
      Mississauga
      Explorer Sport 2017
      Where can you get those in Ontario? or is online your only option?

Never mind...found the answer on their website.

23. peterk9

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      The ones I got for the MKT I ordered through TDot Performance. http://www.tdotperformance.ca but they also didn't have them (2017) on their site.

Peter

24. Frank20

Frank20 New Member

City, State:
      Schenectady
      1997 XLT
      I just took delivery of a 2017 Ex Sport. Looking for some nice all weather mats with good grip and don't curl up and look like crap after some good use. These husky x-act contours look like they'll fit the bill. Does anyone know if Husky plans to offer the x-act contour mat for the cargo area as well? Or am i forced to get the weaterbeater model for the cargo area only. Would really like them all to match.

25. hanoudi

hanoudi New Member

City, State:
      Mississauga
      Explorer Sport 2017
      So Husky has the 1st row on their website now, but the item number is exactly the same as the 2016 one! I thought 2017 was a little different.??

And the 3rd row is missing now. Does that mean the 2016 3rd row mats do not fit 2017 3rd??

Confused!!??

26. Sgt1411

Sgt1411 Elite Explorer

City, State:
      VanBC/GoodyearAZ
      2017 Explorer SPORT
      I took the Husky 1st, 2nd, 3rd row mats out of my 14 Sport and I am using them in my 17 Sport.

Everything but the drivers front fits exactly the same.

The drivers side front mat issue is the angle of the dead pedal, honestly it's not a huge deal, the older mat doesn't lay flat against the dead pedal top, it sits up off it by approximately an inch. It doesnt bother me which is odd for somebody so OCD. Im not changing it out for such a minor issue.

Around the brake and throttle pedals its an exact fit so there's nothing unsafe.

Bottom line when deciding between Husky and WeatherTech, Husky looks cheaper but covers more, WeatherTech looks better but leaves more exposed door sill carpeting.