Push Bar for Explorer | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installed!

422747_366798926672589_100000274534778_1385001_786298929_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2012 Ford Explorer Bumper Guard?

Anyone know where I can purchase the metal bars that attach to the front bumper and give it the police car look?

Thank you!

I forget who makes these bumper guards but having had them on a previous vehicle, I would not install them again for the simple reason they look great but can cause more damage to your vehicle then not having them in the event of an accident.

These guards usually are a thin tubular metal that have a great finish and look incredible. They typically have a single point of attachment at the lower part of your car frame and wrap up and in front of the bumper, in front of the grill and near the hood.

If you happen to rear-end someone, this bumper guard is going to fold back, smashing into your bumper and likely your grill. It might even cause a dent into the front lip of the hood. Why all this, because of a single point of attachment and no support higher up that go to the frame for support. They cannot be used to push.

This opposed to tapping another car's bumper and then you have bumper to bumper damage.

Just my two cents. Again, I think they look great but as soon as you rear-end someone, you will see the other side of the coin.

Anyone know where I can purchase the metal bars that attach to the front bumper and give it the police car look?

Thank you!

The Ford suggested front "PushBar" that you see in all the Ford photos is made by Setina Manufacturing in Washington State.

www.setina.com

Will a Bull Bar affect ACC?

Seearch and read and didn't find my answer.

Will a Bull Bar affect the Adaptive Cruise Control?

I do have the tow package, and I think there's a bit of a mounting issue/modding needed. But not a show stopper.

I like the look of the Bull Bar on the front end.
Looking at Chrome and already had square Recon LED lights.

Any major preferance.

I was thinking Westin ultimate Bull Bar.

Seearch and read and didn't find my answer.

Will a Bull Bar affect the Adaptive Cruise Control?

I do have the tow package, and I think there's a bit of a mounting issue/modding needed. But not a show stopper.

I like the look of the Bull Bar on the front end.
Looking at Chrome and already had square Recon LED lights.

Any major preferance.

I was thinking Westin ultimate Bull Bar.

Shadow71:

You will have to disconnect or totally relocate the ACC sensor if you wish to install any type of bullbar for your vehicle. Sorry but I wish that we had better news for you.

Ron, is that the case with a brush guade also like the Setina above?

Thanks

Ron, is that the case with a brush guade also like the Setina above?

Thanks

Sorry Shadow71; but unfortunately this is the same case as any type of grille guard or bull bar will interfere with any front end sensor. We do not know of any reputable grille guard or bull bar manufacturer who recommends this type of application for your vehicle.

Really well that just disappointing.

Thanks Ron for your knowledge.

Setina/Go Rhino Guards

I'm curious if the brush/bumper guards made by Setina and Go Rhino are more durable than the other manufacturers since these are designed for police use. Specifically, I'm curious about the guards that wrap around to protect more of the front bumper, below the headlights (see the above links for pictures).

I haven't even had my Explorer for a year, and it's already been tagged in the front bumper twice just while it's been parked. Rather than having the bumper cover replaced or repainted many more times over the years I have this vehicle, I'd much rather find something to protect it. I'm aware that some of the cheaper guards will likely get bent and do just as much, if not more, damage than just taking the hit. I'm just curious if either the Setina or Go Rhino will be able to give me some peace of mind.

Thanks in advance for any input!

People running into it on purpose? I never pull in nose first in a parking lot. I always back in. There are some here who have installed bull bars and posted up pics. If you do install one take some pics and show us please and thanks.

People running into it on purpose?

Not on purpose, no. The first time happened while I was at the grocery store. I came outside and found a ding in the bumper cover. Of course whoever did it took off without leaving their information. The second time I was at a friend's house parked on the street and the neighbor wasn't paying attention and backed out of his drive right into it. Both hits were in nearly the same spot, on the driver's side front bumper, so that's the area I'd like to protect.

Hi have a question for you about your shark fin !! I have a explorer whit Sirius and GPS navigation your shark fin it is good the performance it Is ultimate or better that regular antenna ??
Thanks and nice modification !!!

These 'push bars' are only for looks, you can't really 'push' with them or?

Hi have a question for you about your shark fin !! I have a explorer whit Sirius and GPS navigation your shark fin it is good the performance it Is ultimate or better that regular antenna ??
Thanks and nice modification !!!

I want to know this too; also where did you find it?
All I'm finding are "dummies"

They are only 'covers', the stock anntena just has the mast removed (unscrews).

I want to know this too; also where did you find it?
All I'm finding are "dummies"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

These 'push bars' are only for looks, you can't really 'push' with them or?

Not sure who is telling you that.

I have contacted several cars a various slow speeds 15-20MPH and they hold up fine. Maybe a little bend, but thats it.

Back