Quarter glass replacement. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quarter glass replacement.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im need to know how to take outca quater window for a ford explorer2002 passenger side rear if u could help that would be great and if u could do step by step that would be wonderful im a female and ill be the one to be chageing it my self thank u

There is a lot of steps involved.
How would you rate yourself as far as skill level with tools ?

There is a lot of steps involved.
How would you rate yourself as far as skill level with tools ?
Would love some help as well with my 97 Sport shattered quarter window. I was planning on going to the nearest auto junk yard to see if I can find one intact. It looks pretty easy to put on a new one just a couple of screws...any advice?

Would love some help as well with my 97 Sport shattered quarter window. I was planning on going to the nearest auto junk yard to see if I can find one intact. It looks pretty easy to put on a new one just a couple of screws...any advice?
On your 97 Sport, is it the fixed glass or the one that folds out ?
Both are fairly easy, just take a number of steps.

The fixed glass on the 2nd Gen is super easy. Pull interior pannel, remove the nuts on the window and pop it out.make sure the seal goo is in good shape, and replace if necessary (mine was fine without replacement ) and the reverse the order. Done:thumbsup:

Not sure on 3rd gen, but probably the same knowing ford.

Back