Question regarding Traffic and Pinch-to-Zoom in 2017 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question regarding Traffic and Pinch-to-Zoom in 2017 Limited

hanoudi

Reaction score
City, State
Mississauga
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport 2017
Can owners of 2017 Limited let us know if the Limited comes with Sirius Traffic as well as Pinch-to-Zoom? I read somewhere that these are only included in the Sport and Platinum.

Many thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can owners of 2017 Limited let us know if the Limited comes with Traffic as well as Pinch-to-Zoom? I read somewhere that these are only included in the Sport and Premium.

Many thanks.
If 'Pinch to Zoom' is a product of Sync 3 then I would guess that any vehicle with Sync 3 would have that feature. Not sure what you mean when you say "traffic". If you are talking about Sirius Traffic, that I believe is a subscription that you pay for.
http://www.siriusxm.ca/siriusxm-traffic-services/siriusxm-traffic/
BTW the trim is Platinum not "Premium".

Peter

Yes, you have both. Nav automatically invokes a 5 year subscription to Sirius Traffic.

Yes, you have both. Nav automatically invokes a 5 year subscription to Sirius Traffic.
No traffic here unless this is something new with Sync 3.

Peter

I believe it may have been a 2015 or 2016 change. But I believe, if nothing else, 2017s that got Navigation should have Sirius Traffic.

Yes, navigation with Sirius Traffic and Travel Link subscription is included for 5 years and standard on the Limited, Sport and Platinum. (Optional on XLT.) From the order guide:
Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch to-
Zoom Capability, SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®
Note: SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link® includes a five (5)-year
prepaid subscription. SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®
service is not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

Certain features such as Vehicle Health Report and I think Travel Link are not available in Canada. I believe it has to do with the bilingual issue.

Peter

Vehicle Health Report does not exist in SYNC 3.

^ Good riddance!

Yes, navigation with Sirius Traffic and Travel Link subscription is included for 5 years and standard on the Limited, Sport and Platinum. (Optional on XLT.) From the order guide:
Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch to-
Zoom Capability, SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®
Note: SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link® includes a five (5)-year
prepaid subscription. SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®
service is not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

This is my 1st vehicle with NAV system...........how do you turn on the Traffic feature?

This is my 1st vehicle with NAV system...........how do you turn on the Traffic feature?
The current traffic flow and incidents should automatically show on your map. (This is only available in select cities) You'll see green/yellow/red for flow and the incident icons for accident or construction. You can also click APPS then Sirius Travel Link, then Traffic to view on route or nearby traffic info. See page 445 and 454 in your manual for more info. Hope this helps.

The current traffic flow and incidents should automatically show on your map.
I was going through the settings yesterday on the screen and if I recall correctly, Traffic On Route and Traffic Nearby were selectable options, not automatic if not enabled.

Peter

I was going through the settings yesterday on the screen and if I recall correctly, Traffic On Route and Traffic Nearby were selectable options, not automatic if not enabled.

Peter
By default, I believe those options are ON and really only apply when a navigation route is active. (You can view traffic incidents anytime or when a route is not active by going into the Travel Link app.) You can turn the traffic icons OFF in the navigation menu, map options, but I haven't found a way to disable traffic flow which is the color coded traffic condition data that appear on the map.

Back