1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Questions about intake manifold heater tube replacement?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Mustang8650, November 15, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Mustang8650

Mustang8650 New Member

City, State:
      Lima, OH
      Year and Model:
      1999 Eddie Bauer
      Hi Guys, new member here, stuck up a crick and hoping someone can throw me a paddle!

I have a 1999 explorer Eddie Bauer, I was driving home when a had a massive coolant leak, luckily was within a block from home, when I got home I noticed there was a hose that went to my intake manifold heater tube (the twin metal hard line tubes below the throttle body), there are 2 nipples there on one of the tubes and one had rusted off, I had found my major coolant leak....

Here is the issue I'm running into currently, I went to the Ford deal and they ordered me in a F77Z-9D424-BA, sounded great, until I went in to pick it up, they ordered me in one for a 99 explorer, but when we opened it up it had a press in fit, not a screw in fit to the intake like I had taken out of my truck.

They looked and saw the one for a 96 or 97 was a F77Z-9D424-AA, so I'm pretty confused, thinking at some point someone has switched out the engine to a 96-97. No big deal if thats true right? Well issue now I'm having is nobody in the U.S. is stocking this part (what i was told from 2 ford dealers)

What are you guys doing if you need that F77Z-9D424-AA part for your 96-97 explorers? Also I'm confused because there seems to be 9d424 part out there that states w/message center, and w/o message center, I'm guessing that message center is referring to the message center in my middle console and it was working fine, but I only see one temp sensor thats on mine.

Anybody else ran into this issue with not being able to get this part? (the one that screws in)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.