and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

quick question for photoshop users

Discussion in 'Exploring Computers!!' started by tbomb, April 21, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. tbomb

tbomb Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Levittown, NY (Long Island)
      Year and Model:
      98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
      guys, im still new to photoshop, and i was wondering how to change the settings in it to make another program my default viewing program, instead of photoshop? i wanna make the picture and fax viewer built into XP my default.

thanks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. akcrogers

akcrogers Active Member

City, State:
      Fairbanks, Alaska
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer 4WD 4DR XL
      Don't know XP too well, but if its like 2000, you should be able to open any folder on your machine and go to the 'tools' menu. Select 'Folder Options'. One of the tabs at the top should say 'File Types', choose it. Scroll down to whatever filetypes you want to change (jpg, gif, bmp, whatever) and click once on it. Now, below the scroll menu there should be some text that says 'open with:...' and a button that says 'change'. Click Change, and then select the program you want to use. This works in win2k, but I have no idea about XP. Hope this helps.

4. tbomb

tbomb Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Year and Model:
      98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
      yeah, thats manually changing the file associations, which ive done before, and should be the same in XP as it is in other versions of windows, but i was wondering if there was a simple way to do it from inside photoshop.

5. jasonb

jasonb Jackstand Wheeler Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Suwanee, GA
      Year and Model:
      '99 Sport 4x4
      nah.. they want you to use photoshop to open everything.. so they aren't gonna make it easy.
      the file association method mentioned by ackrogers is easy and quick and you know it works!

6. tbomb

tbomb Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Year and Model:
      98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
      yeah, after a couple of days, i went ahead and did it manually; pain in the ass ;)