Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by section525, January 7, 2003.
How do I get these things out?? I'm try to disassemble for shipping!
Join the Elite Explorers for $20
Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose
fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own.
Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery,
create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Log in or Sign up to hide adverts.
I'm not an expert on this, but don't you have to take out the c-clips first, then pull the axle shaft with a slide hammer?
yes, you must take of the diff cover and yank out the c clips before the axle shafts will come out.....
1. remove tire/wheel. Open rear diff
2. remove differential pinion shaft (aka center pin) lock bolt (be prepared for possibility of it being broken. I've discussed this before search for it)
3. slide differential pinion shaft out (if you have 4.1 gears, the shaft will not come all the way out, but will slide out far enough)
4. push in axle shaft so you can access the above mentioned c-clips. remove c-clip.
5. axle shaft should slide out.
6. repeat 4&5 for other axle.
Thanks guys! Got it out no prob!