Radio Changing Station on turning | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radio Changing Station on turning

roymunoz03

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer
I bought an 2015 Explorer XLT around 4 months ago, and starting a few days back, the seek function seems to activate when we give a strong turning with the wheel. At first we thought we were pushing the "seek" button on the steering wheel, but we realized that was not the case. We could not even replicate the issue by ourselves pushing that button. This makes the radio station to change on sharp turns. What should we do?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

-keep searching online -see if you find any other new Ford car doing this.

-Try to replicate it with a passenger who is recording a video using their phone.
Without something, going to the dealer could be a painful waste of time.

could be a wire or data cable possibly is being stretched too tight when the wheel is turned all the way,
& its yanking on something that runs from the steering wheel MFT controls to the back of the console?

.......What should we do?
Welcome to the Forum roymunoz03.:wavey:
Book an appointment with the dealer to have them check it out.

Peter

I bought an 2015 Explorer XLT around 4 months ago, and starting a few days back, the seek function seems to activate when we give a strong turning with the wheel. At first we thought we were pushing the "seek" button on the steering wheel, but we realized that was not the case. We could not even replicate the issue by ourselves pushing that button. This makes the radio station to change on sharp turns. What should we do?

Hi roymunoz03,

As Peter suggested, it's time to get this in front of your dealership. Additionally, I'll escalate your concern to the customer service manager (CSM) for your region. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; leave the rest to me. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Sounds like you have a wire shorting in the steering wheel assembly.

Not seen anything else like that.

Looks like a trip to the dealer.

I have a 2014 and this happens occasionally to me as well.

Hi roymunoz03,

As Peter suggested, it's time to get this in front of your dealership. Additionally, I'll escalate your concern to the customer service manager (CSM) for your region. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; leave the rest to me. :thumbsup:

Crystal
I also am having this very same issue with my 2015 XLT, curious if an issue has been identified?

I also am having this very same issue with my 2015 XLT, curious if an issue has been identified?
Welcome to the Forum Charles.:wave:
There has been nothing identified on this issue as far as I know. It doesn't seem to be an ongoing issue since the last post before your was over 2 years ago. Is it happening the same way, that is when turning the steering wheel?

Peter

Yes, sporadically, but on one particular foggy, misty day, it was consistent on every right turn !

Yes, sporadically, but on one particular foggy, misty day, it was consistent on every right turn !
Do like the NASCAR guys do and just turn left. :D
I wonder if perhaps the wiring harness or something similar has been compromised.

Peter

Back