Radio Seek | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radio Seek

Many members don't know they have a problem. Once they know there Ford is broken they will bug Ford to fix it (many people complaining is the only way Ford will fix this) and then they, if it really bugs them, ask to have there VIN removed from the forum. I'll do individual post so if you get the request it will be easy to remove.
If they don't know they have a problem it may be because they don't use the function. Pressing SEEK on the wheel on mine just steps between the presets I have entered. If I want it to scan the frequencies on a particular band I simply press SCAN and it will stop at a frequency, pause and then go on to the next frequency. I can also press SEEK on the centre stack to go to the next station. I don't really see a problem here Mike and from the actual complaints here (3), I don't think the members do either.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

About the steering wheel control and quoted from the owners manual:

"SEEK: Press to select the next or previous stored preset or track. Press and hold to select the next or previous frequency or seek through a track."

The principals of right and wrong, honesty and dishonesty do not change because people do not see with their own eyes. Often times people just need to be made aware, and they will stand up. At least one would hope, yes this might be a feature people are not aware of yet, but it is my hope that once people are informed they might actually find it very useful. Additionally, hundreds of cars have this feature, it is not a hard one, Ford most likely knows they have a bad module in thousands of cars and does not want to do the right thing. The whole point of steering wheel controls is to keep your eyes on the road i.e. to save life's. So yes this injustice is kind of a big deal. Sure big or small companies count on people just looking the other way.

About the steering wheel control and quoted from the owners manual:

"SEEK: Press to select the next or previous stored preset or track. Press and hold to select the next or previous frequency or seek through a track."

The principals of right and wrong, honesty and dishonesty do not change because people do not see with their own eyes. Often times people just need to be made aware, and they will stand up. At least one would hope, yes this might be a feature people are not aware of yet, but it is my hope that once people are informed they might actually find it very useful. Additionally, hundreds of cars have this feature, it is not a hard one, Ford most likely knows they have a bad module in thousands of cars and does not want to do the right thing. The whole point of steering wheel controls is to keep your eyes on the road i.e. to save life's. So yes this injustice is kind of a big deal. Sure big or small companies count on people just looking the other way.

Well said. I won't be looking the other way. I made a complain to Ford regional office, and they had the local dealer to contact me and ask me to come over on Monday so they can check it out.
We will see how it goes.

I have a 2015 explorer with the same symptoms as the OP. Very annoying, have not complained to a dealer yet but intend to very soon when I take it in for the first service. Does the op or anybody else have an update?

Unfortunately it is still the same with MFT v3.8.

Yep. Disappointing, to say the least.

Yep. Disappointing, to say the least.

Agreed.

While it may seem minor to some, as someone else already expressed, when you don't have a feature you're supposed to have--and that's according to Ford--it gets very frustrating.

I would love to know if the 2016s either have this correct or have they removed that section from the Owner's Manual.

I was asked to report back on the progress of this issue with my local dealer.
Well, it is disappointing so far.

The dealer checked it and their maintenance foreman told me that everything is working as it is supposed to. He even said that since nothing has changed after the day I bought it, then nothing is broken! very lame.

Well, I had to make some further complains and some of the dealer customers relation staff promised me to follow up on it.

Last update I got was that they have raised it to the U.S Ford and the feedback was to compare my car to other Explorer cars, and if they are all the same, then there is no problem!! DUH!! I told them from day one that it is not my car only and that all Explorers have the same bug!!!

I can't imagine that no one in U.S Ford could just compare the Explorer to their own other models such as Taurus or even to the description they put in their own user manual and be able to see and acknowledge the existence of this issue, rather than wasting my time trying to prove to them -through the local dealer- that the sun rises from the east!

So now, I don't see this going anywhere. Honestly, I lost hope in Ford and I think they are just trying to play me to get me tired and just let it go. I am not sure if I will be further contacted on this.

They didn't even acknowledge my other issue that I explained and reported along with the seek button issue (about RDS not working). This one might not be an issue in North America, but it does exist in Explorers sold in my region. if they genuinely cared to fix customers problems, they would've at least acknowledged this plain obvious one! but so far, no comments.

Would North American Explorer owners have better luck than me, since I believe they can contact and follow up with Ford directly? In my case, I have to go through the local dealer, which isn't very efficient in such non-routine cases, or through Ford regional office in Dubai, whom my experience with was nothing but useless and unprofessional.

I'll add my notice of frustration here if it helps with noticeability.

I want it to work like every other car, ever-ish.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed with the latest update?

My 2016 Explorer Sport exhibits the same problem.. it does jump from pre-set to pre-set as intended, but it will not correctly seek when pressed and held to the next frequency. As others have reported, when you do that, it jumps back to the previous frequency, or if you old it longer it jumps over a frequency or two. Definitely not expected behaviour.

My 2016 Explorer Sport exhibits the same problem.. it does jump from pre-set to pre-set as intended, but it will not correctly seek when pressed and held to the next frequency. As others have reported, when you do that, it jumps back to the previous frequency, or if you old it longer it jumps over a frequency or two. Definitely not expected behaviour.
Welcome to the Forum Stephan.:wave:

Peter

Back