1. for access to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews and discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Ranger warning bell

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by jhau41, March 19, 2009.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jhau41

jhau41 New Member

Year and Model:
      1995 Manual Ford Ranger
      I have a 1993 Manual Ford Ranger. On warm days, I believe the seat belt warning bell plays constantly. If I run the air conditioner, once the cab cools, the bell goes off. If I enter and exit through the passenger door, the alarm never goes off. It seems it is something in or around the drivers door. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Red FX4

Red FX4 Active Member

City, State:
      Costa Mesa, CA
      Year and Model:
      2002 Ranger FX4
      Sounds like it is the sensor for the door. I think it controls the interior light and the door closed light (alarm). It may have an effect on other safety features too. I have heard of people using graphite lube to lubricate it. Your problem sounds like it may be related to needing an adjustment because of the thermal effect.

4. kert0307

kert0307 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Pella, Iowa
      Year and Model:
      '00 Sport and '89 B2
      My 88 did this for the buzz when the keys were left in when the door was open. My problem was something worn out in the steering column.

5. jhau41

jhau41 New Member

Year and Model:
      1995 Manual Ford Ranger
      Thanks for the info. Being a novice repairman, Can I fix it myself? If so, How do I find it? Repair or replace? It is driving me crazy! I have taken out the light bulbs in the cab overhead because they are on while the bell is ringing!

6. radsr2002

radsr2002 New Member

yep

To replace it remove the door panel and the lining on the door out of the way. Reach in towards the latch you feel a wire leading to the sensor give it a quarter turn counter clockwise and it will come out. Unplug the old sensor and plug in the new one.

7. jhau41

jhau41 New Member

Year and Model:
      1995 Manual Ford Ranger
      THANK YOU!!!

An $18.00 part and a sunny day equals a quite ride in my truck!!!

Thanks again! You made my day!:

8. radsr2002

radsr2002 New Member

sure thing

You are very welcome.

:thumbsup: