1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

ranger won't go into 4 wheel drive.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by stluisegd, January 18, 2013.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. stluisegd

stluisegd New Member

City, State:
      washington
      Year and Model:
      2002 ranger edge
      i own a 2002 ranger edge 4x4 with 93000 miles on it and it will not go into 4 wheel hi unless the cab is warmed up, then it goes in with out a hitch. does anybody know what i can do to make this problem go away? i have replaced the shift motor and no differance.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. albi1cnobi1

albi1cnobi1 Elite Mountaineer Elite Explorer

City, State:
      South Jersey
      Year and Model:
      99 Mountaineer V6 4x4
      Since you say it only works after the truck warms up I would venture to guess that there is a problem with one of several things. All of the electronics for the 4wd system are in the dash, so I would start there. My first thought is a bad or loose pin in a connector. Then I would look at the components themselves. If you need wiring diagrams I think I may have them.