RCD lift kit PURCHASED!!!!! no more tortion bars 4 me! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD lift kit PURCHASED!!!!! no more tortion bars 4 me!

mechanix said:
Did you get the perches welded on yet?

Pm me if you need some help with that.

Eric
no not yet...was planin on workin on it in the next few days. I'm tryin to find a garage to rent out. Might just rent a heated storage lot. A lift would be nice.

Thanks for the offer! ryl on here also asked, hes from ohio.
I have no welding experience.

What city are you in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I live in Albion about 45miles to the west of you. I have a heated garage and alot of tools. I will send you a pm.

mechanix said:
I live in Albion about 45miles to the west of you. I have a heated garage and alot of tools. I will send you a pm.
The people of this site continue to amaze me.

Thank you Eric!

Lets get this thread moving!

We have set a date to install the kit. I offered to install the kit at my house. I have an abundance of tools and stace to install it. I live about 45 min from r37. We have set up a date that is convient for the both of us. We plan to post a "how to" when we install this kit. I am hoping to get this done in one day, but realisticaly it will take two.

Some things I had mentioned to r37 before we install the kit was what parts we needed and other misc items. I was suggesting using longer shocks than stock cause the stock shocks one will only allow the axle to drop 10". Where as a lifted shock will allow the axle 20". These numbers might be far fetched but this is just to show the benifit of them. I am sure any input on the shocks would be very helpful.

I think this pretty much sums it up on my end. The date we have setup is January 21st.

Eric

You measure for shocks after installing the kit (or get the kit reccommended shocks), then flex the suspension to full bump and droop, check clearances of the CV joints, etc, limit the down & up travel if needed, THEN measure for shocks and order.
Guessing is not the best way to do it, you can bottom out a shock, pull one apart, or limit travel.

2 days is a good bet, if not more.. Man oh man I would LOVe to drive this after having T bars all that time :)

All I can say is IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!! :D
JUST KIDDING, anyway I'm definatly going to be glued here for updates and that means I want to see lots of pictures cause as soon as I've got the 2K I'll be right behind you guys. Although I'm thinking about leaving off the rear kit, and doing an SOA, but that's neither here nor there. Keep up the great stuff!!!!

I can't wait too read the how to on this and see the pictures of the install

Subscribing

R37, YGPM

I wanna come help! sounds like fun and we live in the same town it appears

TheRookie said:
R37, YGPM

I wanna come help! sounds like fun and we live in the same town it appears
Hell yeah, if it's fine with Mechanix an extra set of hands definately couldn't hurt!

410Fortune said:
You measure for shocks after installing the kit (or get the kit reccommended shocks), then flex the suspension to full bump and droop, check clearances of the CV joints, etc, limit the down & up travel if needed, THEN measure for shocks and order.
Guessing is not the best way to do it, you can bottom out a shock, pull one apart, or limit travel.

2 days is a good bet, if not more.. Man oh man I would LOVe to drive this after having T bars all that time :)
I have the shocks which came with the lift. They were designed for use with the stock rear suspension with AALs. I will measure the length of them and the ones on the X to see if they will fit, if they do I think they will be perfect.

I will also be ordering a driveshaft extension which will only be temporarily installed since we will be trying to get this done over a weekend. Later I will get the shaft lengthened.

It looks like we will have plenty of experience at hand with both Mechanix and TheRookie there. Not to mention me and my cousin.

Does anyone know for a fact that this (http://www.coolblueperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=82) is the correct spacer I am looking for? It is for a mustang.

Also anyone got the stock psi rating on the power steering pump? Mine is about to go and I wanted to upgrade it before I started the lift install. I was looking into an AGR pump. I talked to Matt at AGR and he said he can custom make me one with the pressure anywhere from 1000 to 1500. I have read around a little bit and I saw 800-1000psi stock. I told Matt those ratings and he said they are awefully low. He said a Ranger (with a gear box) usualy has around 1000psi and he has sold pumps for them with up to 1500 psi (1500 is commonly used on 1 ton trucks).

I don't want to go too high since I will blow the seals on my rack, but I definately don't want to go lower than stock.

All I know is that you said you got this kit on August 23rd, 2005 and it's not on yet. :p I was wondering if this was going to be as along of a wait as bmxking's SAS. You've got 3 more months until you get to that point though.

Good luck with the install! :thumbsup:

He will NEVER compete with bmxking for total time. The date is set this month and a few of us are going to help him to get it done faster. SOON

Yeah, what he said ^^ ;)

r37ribution said:
Does anyone know for a fact that this (http://www.coolblueperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=82) is the correct spacer I am looking for? It is for a mustang.

Also anyone got the stock psi rating on the power steering pump? Mine is about to go and I wanted to upgrade it before I started the lift install. I was looking into an AGR pump. I talked to Matt at AGR and he said he can custom make me one with the pressure anywhere from 1000 to 1500. I have read around a little bit and I saw 800-1000psi stock. I told Matt those ratings and he said they are awefully low. He said a Ranger (with a gear box) usualy has around 1000psi and he has sold pumps for them with up to 1500 psi (1500 is commonly used on 1 ton trucks).

I don't want to go too high since I will blow the seals on my rack, but I definately don't want to go lower than stock.
Here is some very usefull information for anyone looking for info about their power steering pump or rack...

[edit]
James over at AGR and I did some research on the power steering pump in our 2nd gens. The stock Ford part number is F58Z3A674ABRM on the 4.0L OHV motor. It is rated at a maximum of 1000psi (brand new). The rack is rated at a maximum of 1200psi before you start blowing seals. James recommended I go with an AGR 1100psi pump as an upgrade (AGR part #809124). This way I will be siginificantly upgrading the pump while not exceeding the racks maximum rated psi.

The AGR pump works on '89 to '02 Rangers and the '90 to '95 3.8L Tauras as well as 2nd gen X's. I don't remember the exact years so if your seriously considering buying one contact AGR for details.

My out the door cost for the bolt on 1100psi pump - $122
[/edit]

I also ordered a driveshaft spacer, but I didn't go with the one posted earlier...Steeda 17mm (11/16") driveshaft spacer

Is that spacer for the front or rear driveshaft?

Give me a call tonight if you can. Or drop me a PM. your box is full

r37 I need to hear from you tonight if we are still on tomorrow. Call me. I sent you my numbers via pm's.

Eric

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I came down with pneumonia early last weekend. I haven't been to work or been able to move much for that matter. I gets me fairly exhausted just getting to the bathroom. I know it would have been nice to get a hold of you sooner and am sorry for not letting you know. I have been in and out of the hospital 3 times in the last week and they tried 2 different antibiotics. I was hoping to be well enough for saturday but obviously not.

I called Mike yesterday but I didn't have your number since I didn't check on here. I've been busy all day at the hospital and I guess the shots are startin to kick in since this is the best I have felt in over a week.

I definately appreciate the help you offered and hope you wouldn't mind rescheduling. Supposedly I'll be better in a week but I'm not crossing my fingers.

I guess this kinda works out since the directions I ordered from RCD have yet to arrive.

Back