Rear applique cracked, anyone know where to get another online? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear applique cracked, anyone know where to get another online?

No idea, I just know that bondo looks like crap from what I saw, maybe you could glass it?? not sure...

What about Certifit? have you tried them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump from the dead oemdirectsolutions appears to be gone u can get it unpainted ebay for 125 shipped but what 3m double sided tape should u use ?

Im pretty sure the 4th gen has seperate opening glass too, it just doesnt have the plastic around it.

Yes, that's correct.

Hi, got an explorer xlt 2002 and the applique is crack at almot the same as all one in here verticale near the middle near the emblem ford but, i live in Quebec and i try to find these applique and i can't can you direct me where to go, i went to the dealer and the price 340.00$ and i will need to peint it so if you could find me one at good price i will appreciate.

thx

Daniel

Ford Tailgate Crack(Explorer,Mercury Mountaineer)Class Action Law

Ford Tailgate Crack (Explorer, Lincoln Aviator, Mercury Mountaineer) Class Action Lawsuit Investigation

http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...tor-mercury-mountaineer-class-action-lawsuit/

Ford Motor Co. is facing multiple class action lawsuits alleging the automaker refused to fix cracks in its SUV tailgates even though Ford allegedly knew they were prone to cracking.

If you purchased, owned or leased one of the following model year vehicles and experienced a cracked Ford tailgate, cracked or missing Ford applique, and/or shattered backlite (back window), you may be eligible to join a free class action lawsuit investigation:

2002-2005 Ford Explorer
2002-2005 Mercury Mountaineer
2003- 2005 Lincoln Aviator

Vicki

Ford Tailgate Crack

Ford Tailgate Crack (Explorer, Lincoln Aviator, Mercury Mountaineer) Class Action Lawsuit Investigation

http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-s...ction-lawsuit/

Ford Motor Co. is facing multiple class action lawsuits alleging the automaker refused to fix cracks in its SUV tailgates even though Ford allegedly knew they were prone to cracking.

If you purchased, owned or leased one of the following model year vehicles and experienced a cracked Ford tailgate, cracked or missing Ford applique, and/or shattered backlite (back window), you may be eligible to join a free class action lawsuit investigation:

2002-2005 Ford Explorer

Vicki

Ford Tailgate Crack(Explorer,Mercury Mountaineer)Class Action Law

Top Class Actions Connects Consumers to Class Action Lawsuits and Settlements

2002-2005 Ford Explorer

Vicki

After owning a 2003 ford explorer eddie bauer I am as of this winter joining the growing list of owners with the same problem....cracked tailgate trim...cracked when sitting in the driveway...hope ford is held responsible....
Norm

Ok i have 3 mountaineers all with cracks, 2 Of them i think were replaced,and they cracked again.On my 05 monty when it gets real hot (on hot days) it drips black adhesive.and the color is off just a touch.I got it this way.My 02 i did replace and it lasted about 3 years and it cracked again, anyone going to replace these,I would use the logo on the panel to close the window.I think mine started to crack on a cold day when i closed it from one side of the glass instead of near the center,Later i noticed a hairline crack .

I saw a green one the other day, the guy bondoed the plastic and tried to fill the logo part and it looked really really crappy

BTW I've never seen anyone else call this thing an applique, is this the propper name?

I read something about a guy removing his cracked one, reinforcing it, got someone to print the vinyl wrap in the same color as his Ex,, reinstalled it and life was good. Can't say what the cost was tho.

explorer rear glass (1).jpg

This guy removed the whole panel just leaving the glass underneath, and the widow tint matches the black paint. I like it!

Ebay. There are a few on there. Right around 100 bucks

Back