Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

rear brakes grabbing faster then front

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by vroomzoomboom, January 31, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. vroomzoomboom

vroomzoomboom Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS! Elite Explorer

City, State:
      selkirk, manitoba
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      98 supercharged 347 sport
      here is what i have.
      07 ranger, level 2. about 2 years ago i completely redid the rear brakes because the axle seals leaked. at the beginning of this winter i have noticed when i come to a stop, the further i push on the brake peddle, the faster the rear brakes come in then the fronts. i took both drums off to make sure the new seals were not leaking (they were fine) and also cleaned everything to get any dust off. the drums came off easily with no fight, and the tires spin fine when the brakes are not applied. i have also noticed when i back up, i can hear either one side or both making a dragging sound depending how fast i go if you understand what i am saying. i cant remember what type of shoes or drums i used. not best, not cheep, but mid line. anyone else have this problem, or have a idea what i should start looking at? just dont want to come to a stop sign when its icy outside have the rear end lock on me, and hit something.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.