Rear Bumper Protectors | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Bumper Protectors

Too many of you like this to pass it up.
Just ordered one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My cover came last week, but I didn't get to install it until today. We took a trip with the cub scouts and luckily, the bumper made it home without a scratch. It took me less than 10 minutes to install. I didn't need to trim any, but it looked like someone had trimmed some already. Maybe they are taking care of it ahead of time now. Any way, here's the pic if it installed.

That looks more dark gray in color. It doesn't look like it matches the rest of the black trim on the vehicle.

For those of you that have the BMC bumper cover... Do you think this material will hold up well painted ????? I will prefer to paint it in the same color of the truck (Golden Bronze).

Thanks in advance...

Just ordered one as well. Thanks for the idea.

forum member SpencerEx painted his....

more details in this thread... sorry, I had to remove my pics...

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347082

7078071141_ee5a15fd09.jpg

my factory one is peeling..back to dealer...at least it lasted 3 weeks

Thanks. Think this is the route i will take....

That looks more dark gray in color. It doesn't look like it matches the rest of the black trim on the vehicle.

Its got some sort of powder or release agent from the mold on it. I used some black trim finish restore stuff on it today to clean it up and it looks much more black and more like the lower plastic on the car (I wouldnt call it black either).

We've got the OEM style on my wife's '07 Edge and its about useless for protection of the bumper.

When building a ford explorer is it worth paying for the rear bumper protector? it looks cheap and I never seen one on a explorer before.

I have it on mine NOT worth it
Search this site, the after market seems to be better

I 2nd that aftermkt better....!

Well worth it if you have a Dog that jumps in and out for frequent rides.....best regards Plum

I have it on mine and got it specifically for luggage, strollers and my dog.. doing a quick lift or pulling out it hits the guard. So far it has been worth it for the minimal price.

I have it and it doesn't protect the top edge of the bumper. Go with the aftermarket. It's less expensive and protects more.

Search the threads on here it will show you pics of the aftermarket one that some have installed. Much better protection over the bumper "lip" compared to stock.

When building a ford explorer is it worth paying for the rear bumper protector? it looks cheap and I never seen one on a explorer before.
If you used the forum's 'search' program on bumper covers you will have found a thread on them. I have a picture of mine there and there is a link to a better after market one which wasn't available when I ordered my OEM one.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334244&highlight=bumper+cover

Steve, the 'Search' program can be very helpful in checking to see if your concern has been posted before. It is located near the top right of the page close to the Welcome.... message. I prefer to use the Advanced Search function.

Peter

..just received the wrong item, it is the Ford OEM bumper liner,
it is thinner than a liner for your shoes.
But it looks nice.
The one that protects the edge of the bumper, is the BMC liner.

BEWARE OTHER LINKS for this item as many webshops sell it by linking.
Many links show the stock OEM Ford Explorer bumper protector for $59.
- the link going to Amazon ends up at the OEM item.:exp:

Bumper Protector

I ordered the rear bumper protector when I ordered my 13 Sport. It is a thin stick-on rubber piece that is then dealer installed. I did some searching on the net after to see what price I could find on the protector. Found one for $37. You could screw up the first one order another and still come out ahead.
My Sport is black and the protector looks nice and does cover an area that would get scratched.

re bumper cover

I have aftermarket one that I ordered from this site It is well worth the price and less cost that from FORD

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back