• Register Today It's free!

Rear Cargo Security Shade

jsingh

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Eddie Bauer
I'm looking to buy a 2006-2009 explorer Rear Cargo Security Shade (tan) for an 06 EB, where can I buy one from?

I've searched ebay, the asking is $120. I've searched the forum in an effort to find an online store where I can purchase this accessory for less, the one site I came across link was broken. Can anyone suggest a reputable supplier for this part? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I doubt you'll find anyone for less than that, as it's a newer part. Not impossible, but I would have said dealer, eBay, or junkyard if someone wrecked one.

It took me over six months checking ebay every other day until I got a decent price on one. You might try a junk yard also.

$115 is the best I've found so far...

I'm looking to buy a 2006-2009 explorer Rear Cargo Security Shade (tan) for an 06 EB, where can I buy one from?

I've searched ebay, the asking is $120. I've searched the forum in an effort to find an online store where I can purchase this accessory for less, the one site I came across link was broken. Can anyone suggest a reputable supplier for this part? Thanks.

I've ordered a few accessories from the website- www.ford-parts-direct.com - which is operated by a Ford dealership in CT. They've got the rear cargo shade for $115 and change, no tax and $20 shipping (covers multiple items if you need to order anything else, same shipping rate).

It irritates me a little that a rear cargo cover/shade wasn't included on a vehicle with a sticker price of $36k+! :rolleyes:

It irritates me a little that a rear cargo cover/shade wasn't included on a vehicle with a sticker price of $36k+!

I couldn't agree more. After I finished negotiating the deal on my 2008 Mountaineer, but before I signed the papers, I told the salesman, "you're throwing in a cargo cover too, right?" He mailed it to me next day air.

Chris

Cargo cover

Don't know if it will fit but I have a like new tan cargo cover. For '98 explorer. If you think it will work post back and we can work out a deal.

Cargo Shade and 7 seater

Greetings...first time owner of a minty 2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 7 seater. I want the cargo shade and everyone says it doesn't go with the 7 seater. Well I looked in the back cargo area and when the 3rd row seats are collapsed and the 2nd row seats aren't set in a more reclining way, there are two depressed "dimple" areas behind the 2nd row seats, one on each side of the cargo area molded into the side molding. Then at the very rear of the cargo area there are the two "slide down - hook into" areas on the side molding. Ummm, to me...that looks like the markings of where a Cargo Shade can get plugged into.

Am I wrong???
:rolleyes:

Ford Accessories Catalog lacks detailed info...grrrr...

Greetings...first time owner of a minty 2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 7 seater. I want the cargo shade and everyone says it doesn't go with the 7 seater. Well I looked in the back cargo area and when the 3rd row seats are collapsed and the 2nd row seats aren't set in a more reclining way, there are two depressed "dimple" areas behind the 2nd row seats, one on each side of the cargo area molded into the side molding. Then at the very rear of the cargo area there are the two "slide down - hook into" areas on the side molding. Ummm, to me...that looks like the markings of where a Cargo Shade can get plugged into.

Am I wrong???

I didn't even realize how confused I am until I did some research to try to figure this out...I have a headache now, but here's what I think I know-

1) The 2002-2005 Cargo Shade was the same for 5- and 7-passenger models.

2) In photos for the Cargo Shade in the Accessories Catalog (for 2007) the shade appears to fit between the back of the 3rd row seat and the rear hatch. If that's the case, I wonder if I could use the Cargo Shade for a 5-seater since I keep my 3rd Row folded down flat 99% of the time? I'd have to remove the shade whenever I did want to unfold the 3rd row, but I've only done that twice in the two years I've owned it!

3) The Roll-Up Cargo Shade is standard on 2010 XLT models ONLY because the 3rd Row Seat is standard on the 2010 Eddie Bauer and Limited models. The 3rd Row is an option on the XLT, but there's a notation that the Rear Cargo Shade will be deleted if you add the 3rd Row to the XLT...I'm confused as to why the 7-passenger models don't just get the smaller version that covers the space behind the 3rd Row Seat only (which I'm almost certain exists as mentioned above in #2)???

I don't think I even want a Cargo Shade at this point! :confused:

Of course, looking back at previous options and accessories that were available in 2007 has convinced me that there's one thing missing from my '07 Eddie Bauer- the 18" Chrome Wheels ($695 option for the E/B when new) and they were/are standard on the Limited models! I have the 17" "Painted" Aluminum Wheels that were standard on the Eddie Bauer...and I've never really liked them. I don't hate them either, but the finish is very flat/matte-looking (must be the "painted" finish, but I think a run-of-the-mill "polished or machined"-finish would look better (shiny). The OWL tires dress up the dull wheels A LOT, though! When I got my '07 (in '08) it had the std. wheels AND black wall tires...

Anyway, it'll be a while before I spring for the 18" chrome wheels because they're a lot more $695 now! If I can find a set of 18" Chrome take-offs (wheels w/ tires) they go for $1300+/set or the wheels cost about $900 plus the cost of new tires all around would be another $600...in other words, I'll end up keeping the 17" I've got! ;)

Tell us about your new-to-you '08 Eddie Bauer!

Greetings...first time owner of a minty 2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 7 seater.

Congrats on the new-to-you '08 Eddie Bauer! Is is 2WD or 4WD, V6 or V8 and what color did you choose? You mentioned that it has the 3rd Row- manual or power folding? Any other options or details you'd like to share?

I'm not trying to be nosy, just curious and genuinely interested! :D:thumbsup:

I'm on my second Explorer- it's a 2007 Eddie Bauer, 2WD, V6, E/B Luxury Package (Heated, power front seats with Memory; Heated side mirrors; Audiophile 6CD stereo; Dual-zone Automatic HVAC; Redundant audio/HVAC controls on steering wheel); Ultimate Convenience Group (silly name for the Univeral Garage Remote & Power Adjustable Pedals); Power-folding 3rd Row Seat; Towing Package & 3.73 axle ratio; Power Moonroof; Aux (rear) Climate Controls; and the Reverse Sensing 'beeper'! The butt-warmers, Audiophile, 3.73 axle ratio and Reverse Sensor were all I cared about, but the other stuff is pretty nice to have, too! :) Although the power-folding 3rd row is a bit over-the-top and the redundant steering wheel controls are more trouble than they're worth, IMO...and I forget that the moonroof is even there for months at a time.

It was 'allegedly' ordered in Red Fire Metallic, but it showed up as Wild Cherry Metallic (very deep burgandy). My best friend ordered it for his company car and he liked Wild Cherry best...and luckily they made it in that color by "mistake"! :rolleyes: But for the deal I got on it, it could've been Lime Green and still been a steal! He put just over 70,000 miles on it in just 15-months (not a typo!) and then I bought it for $15k and change. I've had it two years and it just turned 100,000 miles and drives like new! :salute::p:

My previous Explorer was an '04 XLT 4WD V6 with 3rd row, Aux Climate Control, AdvanceTrac (stability control) and Reverse Sensors...it had 120,000 miles on it when I got the '07 E/B and sold it to my sister. She's well past 160,000 now with nothing but oil/filter/fluid changes!

I was a lifelong "Honda-phile" before the Explorers, but they've both been at least as reliable as most of my Hondas and Acuras! With 2010 being the last of the real, truck-based Explorers, I don't know what I'll do!!! :confused::banghead:

2) In photos for the Cargo Shade in the Accessories Catalog (for 2007) the shade appears to fit between the back of the 3rd row seat and the rear hatch. If that's the case, I wonder if I could use the Cargo Shade for a 5-seater since I keep my 3rd Row folded down flat 99% of the time?

Yes, you absolutely can: I have it on '07 EB. The 3rd row has been up once since I bought in (twice if you count when I picked it up!) :).

Does anyone know if a 4th gen (2006) cargo shade will fit in a 3rd gen (2002)?

I bought mine at dealer, it was expensive at over $150.

Just purchased a 2008 Mint Explorer with manual third row seats. It did not come with a cargo shade and was wondering if any year shade would work since going on line and they say that for 2008 the shade is NOT for vehicles with third row seating. Any suggestions to get a cargo cover?

I can't imagine why anyone would want a little shade that covers the area behind the 3rd row seats (if such a little shade actually exists). My 3rd row headrests (when in the up position) are less than 12" from the rear hatch, IIRC. Do they really make such a thing?

I can understanding getting the larger shade for those who rarely use the 3rd row seats (or who only have 2 rows of seating).

I have the third row seating in the down position and hardly use it. I am looking for a shade when the seats are down.

Am I wrong???

I am in the same position. Have a Explorer (2008) with the third row seating that I don't use. I see the dimples and want to get a shade but when I went on line after finding several; they say that they are NOT for cars that have the third row seating. Is there a difference?

I also have a 08 Ltd. with the 3rd row seats, I never use them. They are always down. Yes you can get the cargo shade for your vehicle with the 3rd row seats as long as you hardly ever use them. I bought one for mine, it fits perfectly. The Ford site will state that it is not available for that model. The Ford part # for the camel color is 6L2Z-7845440-AAC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am in the same position. Have a Explorer (2008) with the third row seating that I don't use. I see the dimples and want to get a shade but when I went on line after finding several; they say that they are NOT for cars that have the third row seating. Is there a difference?

I'm sure it's the same shade, with or without 3rd row seating.
They just don't want some idiot complaining:
"Hey, I got this shade, and now I can't put up my 3rd row seats!! I want my money back!!!":D

So they put this notice on the ad. If it truly would not work in a 3rd-row-equipped truck, then the side panels would not have the receptacles, since I believe the side interior panels are unique (?).

Back