Rear view mirror backup camera questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear view mirror backup camera questions

Kikinz24

Reaction score
City, State
Youngstown, ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer base
Ok I have traced so many things down and fixed. But one item not working in my explorer is the backup camera in the rear view mirror. It's a 15 ecoboost piu.with sync 1 does anyone know where the trigger wire is tapped in for the rear camera ? .. does it go to the apim and then the mirror or just to the mirror?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok I have traced so many things down and fixed. But one item not working in my explorer is the backup camera in the rear view mirror. It's a 15 ecoboost piu.with sync 1 does anyone know where the trigger wire is tapped in for the rear camera ? .. does it go to the apim and then the mirror or just to the mirror?
Original o Ebay Rreplacement

Original Ford mirror. Being a piu they cut a bunch of wires I "thought" I got everything all back together but I must be missing something somewhere bc the factory backup camera doesn't display when you put it in reverse

Original Ford mirror. Being a piu they cut a bunch of wires I "thought" I got everything all back together but I must be missing something somewhere bc the factory backup camera doesn't display when you put it in reverse
Do all PIU's have that same setup?

Peter

My 16 and 17 display the back up cam on the 4" center display.

My 16 and 17 display the back up cam on the 4" center display.
11 to 15 are in the mirror. They didn't have the 4" set up for that yet

my new to me 16 piu has the camera display in the rearview mirror. my 2016 piu squad has the display in the 4 inch..

16' and up I believe it was a free option to move it from the 4" dash display to the mirror. Many police departments mount a tablet or laptop covering the HVAC controls and AM/FM radio screen.

Will be following as according to the guy who just loaded my '13 on the truck, it only has the sensors despite the camera being installed. Hopefully he just didn't think to look in the mirror but I kind of doubt that

Now if we can get the spreadsheet on the code to switch that from mirror to 4” dash would be wonderful

Back