Redneck ranger | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Redneck ranger

That almost even looks like a stock one...if theyre like the 1st gen explorers....lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I paid 90$ for that console it better have like a built in fridge :D

Or you could be like my dad. He hijacked my inverter and plugged a dorm fridge in my cargo area, stuffed it full of beer, strapped it down and went on a nice loooong trip

I was just wondering if you have noticed any significant mpg changes with your snorkel??

I was just wondering if you have noticed any significant mpg changes with your snorkel??

sorry it took so long to reply but i started a new job on monday.

to be honest i never kept track of the mialage before and after so im not sure.

Hope your job is going well! Really missing the new photos and upgrades!!! Please post some more photos too....

thanks my new job is going really good, but i work 60+ hours and i havnt had time to do anything to my truck lol ;)

thanks my new job is going really good, but i work 60+ hours and i havnt had time to do anything to my truck lol ;)

...When you are busy like this is the best time to be shopping for parts...When work gets slow you'll have plenty of projects to keep your free time busy...:hammer:

...When you are busy like this is the best time to be shopping for parts...When work gets slow you'll have plenty of projects to keep your free time busy...:hammer:

lol thats true !!!

on wednesday i was driving to work and my lights went dim and my amp gauge went down to 8 amps, so i parked it at work untill yesterday when i drove it home to fix it over the weekend.

i get it home and it was making a loud rattling sound, at first i thought it was the alternator making the noise but after removing the belt i found that the rattling noise is coming from the water pump.

so today im pulling the water pump off and taking the alternator with me to the parts store to have it tested.

sorry its been so long i have been really buisy lol.

i replaced the water pump, battery, and alternator and drove it up untill 2 weeks ago when i took it off the road. its leaking oil really bad so i decided to park it for a few months. when the weather gets beter i will pull the engine and fix it or replace it.

so that brings me to my update lol.

i bought a 98 explorer sport 2 door to drive while i fix the ranger. 2 days after i got the explorer the right front tire blew out, so i swapped the 16's onto the ranger and the 15's onto the explorer lol.

here is the ranger with the 16's on it:

and here is the explorer sport with the blacked out 15's:

sofar i really like the explorer :thumbsup:

hi lol

0307100035a.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back