Reducing Body Roll in Curves/Turns | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reducing Body Roll in Curves/Turns

Jon M

Reaction score
City, State
Mount Pleasant, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
I searched but it seems we haven't had a lot of suspension discussion. I did stumble on my own post saying how my XLT has less body roll than my Kia Optima did, but now that I'm used to it, I'd like to reduce it.

I'm not seeing a lot to work with. It seems that sway bars are the same across all models. It seems the shock tower brace was changed at some point. I'm not sure which one I have or if it would make enough of a difference to bother with.

I know the springs and struts are different from XLT to Sport to PIU. That seems to be about all there is to play with, but again, I'm not sure how much difference they would make.

Any thoughts?

Jon M,
I own 2015 Explorer Limited in Korea.
There is a Korean company called No.9 Factory which manufactures under sway bars and two years ago, they've launched under sway bar for Ford explorer.
They've used duralumin and comes in four pieces. It costs around $550. Bit pricey but I do have them installed on mine and it does get rid of the body roll a lot.
I'm not sure if they sell overseas but I thought this might be one of the options.
The links I've attached in below is in Korean, so I suggest using chrome to translate it into English.

☆CIEL TUNE☆ <씨엘튠> : 네이버 블로그

고퀄리티 차대보강 전문회사 넘버나인 팩토리 입니다 : 네이버 블로그

Back