Dismiss Notice

to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews, discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Remote start help. Intermittent

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by Scott Long, April 20, 2017 at 7:46 PM.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Scott Long

Scott Long New Member

City, State:
      CA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2016, explorer , limited
      Remote start help.
      Hi I'm new to the forum. I just picked up a used 2016 Ford Explorer limited. It has 30,000 miles on it.
      My issue is that the remote start is intermittent. It went to the dealer wants to get it fixed and they only replaced the key fob batteries. It's still intermittent. They are telling me that I don't know how to use the remote. The remote start works more often when you're right next to the vehicle. But that's not what the remote start is for. If I am about 30 feet away from the vehicle with nothing in between me and the vehicle the remote start will not work. Has anybody else had this problem? also is there a common problems with the remote start? Thank you

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Welcome to the Forum Scott.:wave:
      Do you have anything that is plugged into any of the power outlets or USB ports? That has been known to significantly reduce the effective distance of the remote.

Peter

4. Scott Long

Scott Long New Member

City, State:
      CA
      2016, explorer , limited
      No I don't but I will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you