Remote start smart phone app ? | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote start smart phone app ?

Yes the sensitivity can be adjusted by turning a dial on the side of the box. Just up from the jumper cable. Crank it all the way up. It takes a bit of a jolt to get it to go off. One of my buddies at work slipped on some snow and hit the hood with his hand. It set the alarm off. It works......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I called 1-800-FORD-KEY the dealer tech support for OEM Accessories.

Spoke with tech support. I was hoping I could do a SIM swap but the US module won't accept a Canadian SIM.

Tech support says the 2014 Sport needs two parts:

Cellular RMU = DL3Z- 19A390-C Canadian version (B for US according to support guy)
Security Upgrade= DL3Z- 19A361-A

Is there a trick to removing the glove box to get the modules mounted behind it?

I called 1-800-FORD-KEY the dealer tech support for OEM Accessories.

Spoke with tech support. I was hoping I could do a SIM swap but the US module won't accept a Canadian SIM.

Tech support says the 2014 Sport needs two parts:

Cellular RMU = DL3Z- 19A390-C Canadian version (B for US according to support guy)
Security Upgrade= DL3Z- 19A361-A

Only if you don't buy the kit that has both pieces in it. The kit supplies both of the pieces you listed and saves you about $50 then buying them separately.

DL3Z19G364A (US version)
DL3Z19G364B (Canadian version)

Is there a trick to removing the glove box to get the modules mounted behind it?

I did it once to change my cabin air filter. If I recall, there is a spring cord that you need to take off the right side of the glove box. Once you do that, there is a tab on each side that you need to squeeze inward (stop tabs so the box doesn't fall down) to have the glove box drop all the way down.

If I'm incorrect, I'm sure someone will chime in shortly to correct me.

Only if you don't buy the kit that has both pieces in it. The kit supplies both of the pieces you listed and saves you about $50 then buying them separately.

DL3Z19G364A (US version)
DL3Z19G364B (Canadian version)

Ya its weird I can buy the parts separate but can no longer buy the kit....guess its for the higher profit margin.

Hi Guys,

Just to clear a few things up on the Cellular Remote Access , Ford recently revised 90% of their remote start products in order to make them upgrade friendly. Components are now sold individually.

Example: you leave the dealership with your Explorer equipped with either the Vehicle Security System , One Way Remote Start or the Bi-Directional remote start you can now upgrade to the Cellular Access without having to buy the DL3Z-19A361-A . All you would need is the Remote Access system. Aside from this your previous remote start system still operates , this is regardless of the factory system, the add on or the bi-directional system.

We beat most prices out there and can offer special savings to forum members as well. Please let me know if you have any questions about these components.

SECURITY SYSTEM

ONE WAY REMOTE START

BI-DIRECTIONAL REMOTE START

CELLULAR ACCESS
(requires 50.00 per year subscription)

**Canadian customers require different cellular kit, Please inquire

EDIT: Factory Remote Start Systems (multi button fob) do not require the security system to be present therefore it may or may not be equipped on your vehicle. This needs to be determined prior to purchasing any of the upgraded remote start systems mentioned above

Thanks,
Benny

Hi Guys,

Just to clear a few things up on the Cellular Remote Access , Ford recently revised 90% of their remote start products in order to make them upgrade friendly. Components are now sold individually.

Example: you leave the dealership with your Explorer equipped with either the Vehicle Security System , One Way Remote Start or the Bi-Directional remote start you can now upgrade to the Cellular Access without having to buy the DL3Z-19A361-A . All you would need is the Remote Access system. Aside from this your previous remote start system still operates , this is regardless of the factory system, the add on or the bi-directional system.

We beat most prices out there and can offer special savings to forum members as well. Please let me know if you have any questions about these components.

SECURITY SYSTEM

ONE WAY REMOTE START

BI-DIRECTIONAL REMOTE START

CELLULAR ACCESS
(requires 50.00 per year subscription)

**Canadian customers require different cellular kit, Please inquire

Thanks,
Benny

So are you saying that the Explorers that have remote start only need to buy the remote access? Reason I question this is because based on all the reading I've done, mainly on the F150 forums, every one who has done this says they require both parts even WITH factory remote start.

The Remote Access link you posted specifically states "Vehicle must be equipped with Vehicle Security Kit DL3Z-19A361-A, sold separately." So how is it that if we have remote start, we don't need to buy the security kit that the remote access system says we need?

Not trying to argue, just trying to understand because it goes against everything I've seen online and I've read 50+ pages of forum posts regarding this stuff.

Also, using this link,

http://www.paulmachenry.com/documents/Hero Cards/FORD RMST Apps.pdf

it says in the fine print on page 2:

"Base Vehicle Security Kit required for every application - Part Numbers DL3Z-19A361-A or DT4Z-19A361-A"

So are you saying that the Explorers that have remote start only need to buy the remote access? Reason I question this is because based on all the reading I've done, mainly on the F150 forums, every one who has done this says they require both parts even WITH factory remote start.

The Remote Access link you posted specifically states "Vehicle must be equipped with Vehicle Security Kit DL3Z-19A361-A, sold separately." So how is it that if we have remote start, we don't need to buy the security kit that the remote access system says we need?

Not trying to argue, just trying to understand because it goes against everything I've seen online and I've read 50+ pages of forum posts regarding this stuff.

Also, using this link,

"Base Vehicle Security Kit required for every application - Part Numbers DL3Z-19A361-A or DT4Z-19A361-A"

I see where this may be confusing. The factory style remote start system like this http://www.levittownfordsupercenter...stem-factory-style-power-liftgate-p-1835.html do not require the security system to operate therefore if you are going to a bi-directional or Remote Access you need to add the Security kit as well.

The factory style remote start was excluded from my original post for this reason. I will add more info to that post and apologize for any inconvenience.

-Benny

Also, using this link,

Your right you need both parts.

I confirmed this by locking my SPORT with drivers window down and reaching inside to open door. No alarm sounded so it means no security system or only the basic 100 series.

As you stated many times we need 200 Series Base Vehicle Security Kit in order to have the Cellular Remote Access Module connect and function.

Security Module
Cellular Remote Access Module
Optional blue LED security light

Correct. System works well. I kicked my running board to get some snow of it and it engaged the alarm.

It gives you everything you need in the kit to get the wireless app and it is a 10 minute install on your own (all plug and play). You then just contact the seller (need to order it from the "Banner" seller) from Amazon and they will activate the SIM card over the phone.

I just received the kit from Banner via Amazon. Do I need to speak to anyone in particular at Banner to have it activated? Or should I just call their service department and they'll activate it right then? I assume the PIN isn't generated until they've activated it?

Remote Access System Installation

The PDF document for the Cellular Remote Access System installation instructions has been posted in the 'Stickies' section of this (IVT) forum.

Peter

I just received the kit from Banner via Amazon. Do I need to speak to anyone in particular at Banner to have it activated? Or should I just call their service department and they'll activate it right then? I assume the PIN isn't generated until they've activated it?

We have heard of some sellers offering to activate them over the phone, We are unable to.

Your local dealer will definitely be able to assist with this

-Benny

From what I recall, you unplug the 100 series, the 100 series plugs into the 200 series and then the 200 series plugs into.

So to try and simplify.

if A is 100 series and B is what it plugs into.

Remove A from B
Plug A into 200 series.
200 series plugs into B.
Then on the side of 200 series is a port for the other piece.

Make sense?

Well, I removed the glovebox, but I can't find the 100 series box to biggyback the new box onto. Has anyone done this? Am I just not seeing it?

By the way, for anyone removing the glovebox, there are two white pins that you need to remove from the bottom of the glovebox hinge area first. I wish I had known that before I ended up breaking the plastic pieces that those pins go through. Here's a video that I saw just a little too late:

http://www.filterheads.com/AQ1153

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look at the instruction manual posted. It has step by step and has pictures.

All Banner needs is the 4 digit code on the sim card to activate it.

Back