1. It's time for our yearly 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale! Last day is November 30!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a full two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership!

If you would like to extend an existing membership for two more years please contact "Rick" through a conversation/private message as I will have to set up existing memberships manually. Thank you and happy holidays!!!
    Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Remove 2nd row console on 2016 Explorer XLT

Discussion in 'Explorer - Ranger Interior Accessories' started by MrsLengert, June 12, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. MrsLengert

MrsLengert New Member

City, State:
      AB
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2016 Ford Explorer XLT
      We just purchased a 2016 Explorer XLT and would like to remove the 2nd row console. On the original paper work for the vehicle it states that "2nd row captain seats" were specially ordered/installed and then it also states that a "2nd row console" was ordered/installed. So I am wondering if this would make it possible to remove the 2nd row console without a big gaping hole in the carpet or anything obstructing the path to the 3rd row? If so would this be something we can do ourselves? My hubby is very handy with vehicles, etc. Thanks!

2. Support EF

Holiday Special through Nov 30! Join the Elite Explorers for $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.