Removing driver side fender on 2014 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing driver side fender on 2014 Explorer

rman66

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle,Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer LTD 4WD
My fender is dented and I am trying to remove it to remove the dent.

I located 2 bolts along the fender top when the hood is lifted. I also located a bolt rear of the fender with the door open. Are there any other bolts besides these that I need to remove in order to detach the fender from the body?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

waiting for responses

To my knowledge no one here has removed a fender. So unless someone has a shop manual or a similar guide, you could be waiting a while.

Peter

I've removed pleny of them . There's 2 along the top. 1 in the corner by the hood hinge. 1 In the door jam. 2 on the bottom under the rocker panel. You need to remove plastic inner fender, and take off the bumper cover also because there are 2 on a bracket under it that aren't accessible unless the cover is off. Also have to remove the headlight the side bolt and top tab are mounted to the fender.... The days of just "changing" a fender quickly are long gone

Is my fender welded on?

I tried following the instructions someone posted on here to take off my fender. I removed all the bolts in place, but the fender is rock solid in place.

^^ Your thread was moved here. I'm guessing this is the thread you were referring to. Hopefully Kikinz24 will respond to you as he is active on the Forum.

Peter

Is my fender welded on?

I tried following the instructions someone posted on here to take off my fender. I removed all the bolts in place, but the fender is rock solid in place.

Double check that you've got all the bolts and pop rivets for the fender liner. Then pull forward and out as there's a bit of foam sealant/insulation in the door gap.

I highly doubt myself and Kikinz are the only 2 people who removed a fender lol

I know I am a little late, but in case someone else stumbles upon this thread here are the instructions from Motor

1.Remove headlamp assembly.
2.Remove cowl panel grille as outlined in Cowl Grille Panel.
3.Carefully remove cowl grille panel filler panel using plastic trim tool, beginning at rear and working forward,
4.Remove fender splash shield as outlined in Fender Liner.
5.Remove two fender to rocker panel bolts,
6.Remove fender to A-Pillar bolt
7.Remove windshield applique.
8.Remove fender to cowl panel bolt,
9.Remove two fender to apron bolts,
10.Remove two top fender to apron bolts,
11.Carefully cut foam sealer between fender, fender baffle and A-Pillar,
12.Remove fender from vehicle.

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Yes, you are a little late as the OP may no longer be following this thread. He was last seen here on June 13, 2019. But as you said, this info may be of help to other members. Thank you.

Peter

Back