Replacement parts suggestions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacement parts suggestions

to keep a long story short, I was hit in a 4 car collision in my 2008 explorer. No damage other than plastics and tail gate. Insurance totaled it, gave me a large amount of money, and I bought it back. It only has 30 thousand miles on it. Now I am looking to replace my rear bumper and front bumper and lower trim (eddy bauer edition). Any suggestions on where to get parts? I've checked locally and nothing has turned up. Not looking to spend a ton of money on the oe ford replacement but need something that will fit half decently. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

***Scratches his head****
They totaled an 08 EB with 30k for not much more than a tail gate ?

Something doesn't sound right...
That thing should value around $8,000.00 so totaled would be just under $5,000.00 I can't see five grand in a lift gate and some plastics.

***Scratches his head****
They totaled an 08 EB with 30k for not much more than a tail gate ?

Something doesn't sound right...
That thing should value around $8,000.00 so totaled would be just under $5,000.00 I can't see five grand in a lift gate and some plastics.
Bank valued it last year with 9k on it for 17000, repair quote was about 5-6k. They decided to give me way more than that instead of just fixing it. Pissed they wouldn't just fix it, but the money was nice too for minimal damage. Still totally drivable. Alignment was checked by myself and is fine, frame has absolutely zero damage. Still confused about it to this day(it's been 5 months) figure if I can fix it for less than 2k myself I'll put the rest of the money into savings

Yeah I don't get that. Based on your description that is NOT a five thousand dollar repair.

What insurance company ?

The only estimate I got to replace the hatch was $1500.

I think $1,500.00 is a lot less than what they paid you.
Strange indeed, but who cares. It worked out well for you.

Try not to have them SALVAGE your title.

Back