Hi all. So here's my weekend project so far... It started with my friends father giving me a '98 Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC. (Loadedddddd). This thing was noisey as hell...but it was free. The guys story goes like this - "I was on the highway and someone pissed me off, I pegged it kamikaze style and the noises started". It drove pretty smooth surprisingly on the way to my house, so I took it on as a project. Upon removing the left valve cover, and with a bit of help from Gold984's posts for the same project...I discovered there was no tensioner on the cam chain...busted right off. Got the part from Autozone "Left cassette/timing kit 4 pcs". Duralast...would like the Ford part but I have done quite a bit of work on my old GMC with Duralast parts and they've been consistent. The last two days have been spent removing the accessories from the front of the engine, draining fluids, removing the radiator, crankshaft pulley, timing cover, blown apart tensioner pieces. Once I removed the timing cover the job got more interesting....jackshaft tensioner was blown apart, pieces everywhere, similar to Gold984's situation. Figuring out how to post pictures now to give a short extension of Gold984s project, and share the problems I came across.