Retrieved my codes via wire jumper got code 214 - error in cylinder ID (CID) HELPPPPP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Retrieved my codes via wire jumper got code 214 - error in cylinder ID (CID) HELPPPPP

Brookes65

Reaction score
City, State
Sunnyvale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer 4.0L 4X4
So the check engine light has gone on and off so many different time's since I got this truck... a few random things fixed it ... bad grounds here and there... overall ....

Was camping went to start the truck LOUD knocking in the engine LOUD LOUD.. completely new noise and had to drive a mile with it sounding like someone was banging a hammer in there...

Added some cleaner .. lubed the thing up ... sound went away .. check engine light never did... it would go off for days at a time.. then randomly come back... I have disconnected the power to clear the memory and then drove it to see if the light would come back on ..

It did.. right away... and for the past week it has actually stayed on no matter what I do ..

Paper clipped the test connector and got code 341 then 214 .... What then heck can I do ... ???

This is my only car...I have kids.. I'm a woman who tries to do as much preventitive work as possible.. but I am stumped... I feel like the chilton book has finally turned into Chinese and can no longer get me out of this one...

What should I start testing.. ??? What would cause this?

Back