for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

rocker panels

Discussion in 'Body Work & Detailing' started by mitsuman, October 27, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. mitsuman

mitsuman New Member

City, State:
      marion ohio
      Year and Model:
      1997 explorer sport
      where can i get rocker panels for my 97 explorer sport i need both inner and outer panels

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. sportblack99

sportblack99 Active Member

City, State:
      uniondale indiana
      Year and Model:
      1999 explorer sport
      LMC truck. Don't think they have the inner though. Just get some sheet steel and cut to fit.

4. BonesDT

BonesDT Elite Explorer Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Westchester, NY
      Year and Model:
      Red '99 Sport SOHC 4x4
      I did a lot of research and chose LMC Truck as well. No one makes inners. Keep in mind that these are Slip-On rocker panels - they do not make this clear. All Explorer rocker panels on the market are Slip-On Type, not cut-out & replace type. This means that they are oversized and intended to just press right over your rusted rocker panels. If you don't use the entire height of the replacement panel, you should have negligible fitment issues when doing the proper cut-out and weld-in replace method.

5. obie

obie Active Member

City, State:
      Northwest Indiana
      Year and Model:
      1998 5.0 AWD & 03 ST 4x4
      Edit: Nevermind, BonesDT is right. I remembered seeing 2 door rockers while ordering mine for a 4 door, but they're slip-ons. The title and description doesn't list them that way, but the picture clearly shows it. Sorry.

Last edited: October 29, 2012