Roll Over Posse Board Member Nominations and Elections | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roll Over Posse Board Member Nominations and Elections

Hello all. As the member who this phrase was coined after, I believe we have enough members now to start making an actual board and sub-division of Serious Explorations. Therefore, I must lay down a few rules for the nominations and elections.

1. Anybody can be nominated that is a member of the roll over posse.

2. As a member though, consideration for election must be based on a few simple factors.
2a. Stupidity-Ie, getting hammered and trying to do doughnuts in a wash. Who was that?
2b. Ammount-Ie, number of times that any one person has had at least two wheels, of the same side of the vehicle, off the ground for more than, oh let's say 30 seconds.
2c. Dedication/Damage-Ie. The amount of damage sustained to the vehicle, but the dedication of the owner to fix it and continue on.

All roll over posse members are allowed to vsubmit nominations, but a short story briefly describing the incident must be accompanied so that when voting comes arround that members may have a basis to vote on.

Let's have fun with this, and remember, the longer you continue to offroad, it's not a matter of IF, but WHEN you too will become a member.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What!! Tom is a life time member . He was there to roll you back over .I seem to recall a NightRun .So new members are ok but Keven and Tom are life timer's no matter what they drive.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

What!! Tom is a life time member . He was there to roll you back over .I seem to recall a NightRun .So new members are ok but Keven and Tom are life timer's no matter what they drive.

Holy crap, good to hear from you Ji. I haven't seen you arround these parts for quite some time.

Where's the official list of members? I was wondering if DB1 was already a member and couldn't find the list... I could have sworn I saw one one time.

~Mark

Thanks ,rolled and totaled

That didn't last long 11/20/11/ 5:00 pm :roll: :( no injury 'cept for the Explorer

Never thought id be here nominating myself, but here I am. :D Rolled it last night, I looked to see what time it was, then a curve in the road kinda ruined my night. Im fine, got out with barely any scratches and the truck is in pretty good shape considering. Sorry I didnt get more pictures, but I was a little more concerned about getting it flipped back up and driving it back to the house. So far the damage includes front fender, both doors, mirror, rocker panel, and a headlight. There are also some dents in the back fender and one up towards the roof in the back. No broken glass! suprisingly and im going to look at the suspension tomorrow.

012201_214700.jpg
:roll:

012301_124900.jpg

So does this qualify?

Yep, flops count. You just can't be a board member of the posse unless you went at least 1/2 roll (on the roof). However, you can count two flops (1/4 roll) for a total of 1/2.

ah, well I guess I'm half way there then...:D oh well I guess ill have to wait a few more years then. Definately not looking forward to rolling it again. :rolleyes:

yeah im down to three wheels; I'm looking forward to the day i join this elite group.

Forest pointed out during the recovery that now I too get to be a member of the roll over posse. I got a little tippy when my front end walked sideways on a hill climb and this is where I stopped. I have rolled on my passenger side before this time too.
IMG956807.jpg

IMG956807_2.jpg

No real damage sustained from the roll over except I cracked the windshield in a different spot. I replaced it and added some extra cage protection for it now.

That's one way to test out your welds on the exo cage!

I'm joing the club :) Pics later. No injurys.

005-18.jpg

003-17.jpg

It finally happened

After years of wheeling with Phil (Albino 94LTD) it finally happened. I will let Phil tell the story, but here are the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 805
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 807

Tourrette's Syndrome :(

The usual line is right side tires in the ditch as long as your tires are wide enough to keep the body off the side. Mine aren't really that wide so I tried to straddle the ditch.

Left side slid down into the ditch. I should have stopped right then and waited for spotters (Kevin) but I tried backing down and the sounds of scraping sheet metal made me stop.

Then I tried forward, hard driver, thinking I could get the left front to climb out of the ditch and it would drop so I could straddle the ditch again. WRONG!

It climbed up and flopped over backwards.

Good thing the dog is crated up when we wheel. The kid looked back at her and she was laying on the side of her crate.

Rob and Kevin came up to get my kid out and the first thing out of the window was a damn Nintendo 3-DS:rolleyes:

No one hurt, not even a slight bruise, except ego.:(

That's a nasty looking trail right there. Looks like it got washed out on the pass side pretty well. That situation definitely makes my decision to go full width well worth it.

Glad everybody came out unscathed. Nintendo? Really? lol

Nintendo? Really? lol

Oh yeah, first thing out of the passenger side of the truck. The first and second thing were the same thing out of the drivers side, the ice scraper. After making sur Phil was okay, I handed him the ice scraper that fell out, he proceeded to throw it into the back seat, unfortunately, the window back there was down also so I had to pick it up again and hand it to him AGAIN.

Oh yeah, first thing out of the passenger side of the truck. The first and second thing were the same thing out of the drivers side, the ice scraper. After making sur Phil was okay, I handed him the ice scraper that fell out, he proceeded to throw it into the back seat, unfortunately, the window back there was down also so I had to pick it up again and hand it to him AGAIN.

That was a 'roll-over rookie' mistake and made me realize I really was perpendicular to the ground.

The next strange thing was Kevin's father-in law walking past me, parallel to the hood. I was trying to find my camera to get inside pictures but it wasn't until we were down the hill on flatter ground that I discovered I was sitting on it. :wtf:

..Man, that sux..:(

..Glad everyone is alright but you flopped over backwards?..I bet your lid isn't as starched as it used to be..

Back